there is currently a shifter and angel ban!

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

how do you technology?, -lily-
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jun 20 2014, 01:33 AM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night / Take these sunken eyes and learn to see / All your life / You were only waiting for this moment to be free. /"
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

i don't want to battle from beginning to end
NO I DON'T WANT TO CYCLE RECYCLE REVENGE user posted image

Technology was the main thing Phoena underestimated when she first entered into the “real” world. She saw normal people using them but she never experienced them herself until she entered college. There they pretty much forced her to learn how to use a computer or she would never be able to submit any homework. Everything was done online, signing up for classes, submitting assignments, figuring out where to go for class, and everything in between. She almost failed her entire first semester just because she couldn’t figure out how to log into any of her multiple accounts. Not to mention the social media craze world she lived in forced her to get a cellphone and there went any extra money she had. Something about this world made her constantly give and give, but she hoped it would eventually pay off in the end.

So there she was, stuck in the library again, thick black frames pressed almost completely up against the stupid computer screen. Trying to read the unknown language Phoena was forced to learn. It may have been her third year at university but she made sure to push this class towards the end of her school career. Calculus. Why did she have to learn such a stupid language to become a doctor? She understood everything she learned in her science classes but when it came to math she couldn’t do it. And trying to do it on a computer made things even hard.

”5x-to-the-fifth-power…” Phoena mumbled to herself and searched for the right key that could be used to raise a number to a ‘power’. “Where is it?” Phoena mumbled again. Surely everyone in the library was staring at her at this point, soon she was about to give them something to really stare at. “Found it!” Phoena exclaimed as quietly as she could. But when she hit the key the number 6 popped up. Her eyes blinked in disbelief at the screen, that was not the symbol she wanted! “Why don’t you work?!” Phoena questioned and brought her hand forcefully onto the side of the screen. The computer shook violently and she quietly grab it before it toppled over. That was not another expense she needed to pay for. A sigh fell from her lips and this time she could feel all the eyes in the library on her, and she could even hear a few murmurs. She couldn't blend in even in the simplest of places.

i don't want to follow death and all his friends

MIA! Sorry this took so long . 412 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jun 20 2014, 02:24 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

It hadn't taken very long for the essays to pile up, especially as Lily had been making a point to ignore her growing work list until it was just too big to ignore. Now, the day before a lengthy essay was due, Lily had decided it was probably time to write the silly thing before she failed. Even though she had told herself firmly that there was no time to delay or procrastinate, the essay had to be done today, she had still managed to waste the majority of the day. It was now midday, and after a lazy morning of reading and catching up with some TV, she realised she still had an essay to write. Not for the first time, she knew it was going to end up being an all night task, and she had little hope that she was going to have any chance to sleep tonight. With a sigh and a badly concealed pout, Lily began the short trek to the library.

Lily hadn't wasted any time in finding a computer and starting her essay, and before she knew it hours had passed. She had been so absorbed in her essay writing that she had taken no notice of who was coming and going to the computers around her. After re-reading her progress so far - and deciding that she had definitely earned herself a break - she sat back in the uncomfortable chair and observed those around her. From the looks of things, it seemed that plenty of people were in a similar situation as herself, and many were typing away furiously, eyes fixed permanently on the screen in front of them. With a small stretch and a yawn, Lily had just started to contemplate taking a longer break and grabbing some food when the sound of unintentional muttering reached her ears. Looking around of a culprit, she saw a girl staring at a screen and trying desperately to find a key she needed. It took a few seconds for realisation to hit, but when she did a smile broke out across her face.

Phoena was a friend that greatly intrigued Lily. From what she knew, Phoena had lived apart from society for most of her life, and as a result had limited knowledge of the wider world and the 'things' that came with it - and from Lily's barely concealed glances, the computer was the 'thing' causing Phoena pain today. Phoena's frustration displayed itself when she slapped the side of the computer, and the judging murmurs from around them made Lily frown. She hated it when people stared and gossiping. Saving her work, she stood up and pulled her chair over to where Phoena was, only a few computers down from where she had previously been sitting. "Phoena," she said brightly, throwing herself down onto the chair she placed beside the elf, "How are you doing on this wonderful day?"

Lily hummed absently, eyes scanning the screen in front of them. "Calculus?" she asked with sympathy, making a face at the screen. Words were her forte, not numbers, and if it was actual math that Phoena was struggling with then Lily would be no help at all. "I doubt that math brings out such a strong reaction in someone, so let me guess, the computer is being stupid?"

TAG: PHOENA | WORD COUNT: 553
PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 03:27 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night / Take these sunken eyes and learn to see / All your life / You were only waiting for this moment to be free. /"
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Was it pathetic that Phoena could barely finish one assignment without needing the help of someone else? It seemed like every time she struggled with technology she always had to call on someone to help her out. She really wanted to do things on her own, to figure out something for once on her own. But in the face of adversity, named technology, she always seemed to fail. Even after she sat for hours studying how everything worked, once she really needed to do something it was like all the information escaped from her brain. The subjects at university were suppose to be the hardest thing about school, but she always seemed to have more trouble with the simpler things.

Phoena lifted her eyes to the sound of a soft voice, and her heart leapt a little she recognized as one of her dear friends, Lillian. Now this was someone who could really help Phoena out and not judge her for her lack of technology knowledge. ”Hello Lily.” Phoena said and then released a sigh. ”I’m doing alright, but this computer might be the end of me.” Phoena leaned back in her chair and stared at the screen in front of her. One simple equation, that’s all she had to type, and she couldn’t even do that. The math wasn’t the hard part, it was the fact that she had to enter it all online. Things would be much easier if the teacher would just accept a written form of the work.

”Most people struggle with the math, and here I am struggling with the computer.” She sighed again and propped her elbow on the table and laid her chin in her hand. ”I don’t understand why computers are so complicated!” Phoena exclaimed louder than she should have and the murmurs of her fellow students started again. She brought her voice to a whisper, ”You don’t think you could help me out a little? I can buy you lunch?” Phoena didn’t really have the money to buy other people lunch, but she was desperate to get her assignment done before it was due.

MIA! . 353 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 07:19 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

Lily had always been drawn to those that looked like they needed help, and Phoena had been no exception. Considering her own upbringing, Lily had always had a soft spot for those in need, or looking like they were struggling in the world. It wasn't that she was pitying them, or feeling sorry for them, but she was empathetic. She understood more than most about what some people were going through, and she wanted to help them because she knew she could. She had been in a dark place once herself, and now she was past that she wished to help others reach the same level of confidence she currently had. Not only that, but the majority of people she befriended that others ignored turned out to be her closest friends. They were good people, much like Phoena was, and Lily was glad she'd spent the time trying to get to know her.

Lily smiled at the hello she received in return, raising her eyebrow slightly at Phoena's sigh. "Yuck, computers," she made a face at the screen in front of them. Lily loved technology, but she also hated it at the same time. The one thing that Lily disliked about technology was the pace at which the university was anxious to accommodate it. Call her old fashioned, but she much preferred the real writing route to handing in essays, not typing one up and somehow trying to submit it online. The system the university had was a confusing one, and she could swear she spent most of her time trying to find where to submit a piece of work rather than writing the actual thing. "For things that are supposed to be so helpful, they end up being a lot of hassle," she pondered.

"Hey, I struggle horribly with both," she responded with a cheeky smile, "Math makes me cry, and computers aren't too far behind that." She had never excelled at math, and she struggled just trying to work out how much she should spend in a week, let alone the complicated looking equations that were on the screen in front of them. "Computers are complicated, but so is math," she answered, frowning at the screen and titling her head to one side, trying to make sense of the mess of numbers in front of her. Phoena's slightly raised voice drew attention from those around them, and Lily threw a few glares in the direction of those staring. She tried not to be an angry person, but sometimes she just couldn't help it. "Phoena, you have offended me," she exclaimed slightly, mock horror on her face, "Don't be silly, you don't have to buy me lunch!" Leaning forward, she rested her chin in her head and squinted at the screen, "So what do you need help with?"

TAG: PHOENA | WORD COUNT: 467
PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 02:10 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Having good friends was something that really got Phoena through her days at this university. She did struggle in the beginning to make any friends. Slowly but surely she began to make friends with some amazing people. Sometimes she wondered if the only reason people wanted to be her friend was because she was so socially awkward that people felt bad for her. Phoena was a sad excuse for a teenage/young adult. She didn’t know anything about pop culture and she especially did not know how to work anything in this technologically-advanced society. Either way, Phoena was glad that there were people that wanted to be her friend. Lily was no exception to that, she was probably the nicest female Phoena had met at the school. And sometimes Phoena notices the glares that Lily gives people when they begin to whisper about Phoena. It made her happy that she had a friend who would look out for her like that.

“But at least you understand them.” Phoena turned her eyes into a sad-puppy look and looked at her friend. Not that she did it on purpose, she just typically felt like a sad puppy when it came to technology. “I sit here all day trying to understand these things,” Phoena made a gesture to her computer. “And yet, I seem to be the only person who can’t understand them.” Phoena gave the computer screen her most evil glare, which probably looked more pathetic than anything else. The technology in this world was going to be the end of her. It was like an on-going roller coaster that she would never be able to get off.

Phoena was a little surprise when her friend turned down her offer for lunch. Most people, especially people in a university, would never turn down a free meal. If anything that shower how good of a person Lily really was. “Are you sure?” Not buying someone a meal would be better for Phoena, but she felt bad that her friend always helped her and never got anything in return. “Well, if you ever change your mind I’m free around noon.” Phoena gave her friend a bright smile before turning back to the evil screen. “It’s pretty simple stuff actually.” Phoena pointed at her work page in front of her, which said 5x^5. “It’s a simple derivative, but I can’t figure out how to enter it on the screen.” She pointed her finger back to the screen, which said ‘5x65’. “I can’t figure out how to make the five go up!” Phoena knew that this was probably confusing to Lily, but hopefully she would be able to figure it out.

MIA! . 457 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jun 26 2014, 05:12 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

When she had first joined Belgrade, Lily had been at a complete and utter lost. She had no idea who to talk too, where to go, and her first few weeks had been a nightmare. Eventually she had learned the places to go, and her way around the university, and after that she had made herself a lot of friends. She didn't realise how having friends, people you could rely on, could make such a difference when at university. After meeting new people, she had never felt so much at home, and those feelings had grown the longer she stayed. Now she was in her second year, Lily adored the path she had chosen to take, and she made a point of trying to make friends with new people. A lot of people were terrified when they first started - much like Lily had been - and she felt like it was her duty to introduce herself and try to make those people feel like they were at home. It was something she enjoyed, and something she would probably always do.

Lily made a noise of disagreement at Phoena's words, and rolled her eyes in jest at the puppy dog eyes she was being shown. "I barely understand them," she corrected, knowing that it was a little bit of a white lie. She understood them far better than Phoena, but she did grow frustrated at some things concerning computers: mainly the university's obsession with them. "Hell, I'd say way too many people in this place have no idea how to use them," she responded with a small laugh, "I struggle with basic crap at times!" Phoena's evil glare at the screen caused Lily to stifle her laughter quickly. It was more of an adorable look than an outright glare, and it wasn't very intimidating at all. This was why Lily couldn't understand why some people were quick to judge Phoena - she was funny, even when she wasn't trying to be. And that was the best type of humour.

Lily had always disliked the offer of being brought something in return for her help. If she offered to help someone, it was because she wanted to help them, not so she could get something in return. She very much viewed presents the same way: she gave and helped because she could, not to have the same thing in return. Besides, helping others made Lily feel like a good person, and she strove to be a good person. Moreover, it rarely took a huge chunk out of her time, and she would willingly give up hours if it meant she could help someone she was close with. "Of course I'm sure!" she reassured Phoena. "I'll join you for lunch at noon, but I'm buying my own," she smiled, sticking out her tongue, acting like the cheeky young woman she was.

Phoena's focus on the screen and her problem made Lily sit forward even more, concentrating hard as she attempted to decipher the numbers in front of her. "Wellll," she drawled, "I'm guessing it's the little arrow thing you want?" Attempting to look clever she started to push random keys and combinations on the keyboard. "Honestly, I have no idea wha - success!!" she nearly yelled, laughing loudly at herself when she stumbled across the correct key. She took a childlike delight in stumbling across the correct key, and she sat back in her chair, looking satisfied with herself. "I am so clever," she announced, ignoring the glares she was now drawing from the people around them. With hindsight, she probably shouldn't have shouted as much as she did.

TAG: PHOENA | WORD COUNT: 605
PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jun 29 2014, 08:13 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Phoena smiled at her friend when she noticed her eye roll. Usually when someone was rolling their eyes at Phoena they were doing it because they were annoyed with her countless questions or her ditzy personality. They would roll their eyes as a sign that they were ready to get away from Phoena. Sometimes Phoena wondered if they ever noticed that she could see their eyes as clear as day. They weren’t hiding their disgust from her; in fact they were leaving it out in the open for Phoena to notice. That’s probably the way they wanted her to notice so she could leave willingly, which she usually did. But Phoena knew that when Lily was rolling her eyes she was doing it in a playful manner as if she were messing around with Phoena. This made Phoena even happier to know that she had a friend that she could mess around with and that wouldn’t hurt her feelings.

“I’m glad I’m not alone in this world then.” Phoena shook her head and stared at the screen again. Why was everyone in this world so desperate to integrate technology into everything? Why couldn’t everyone go back to the simple things? Living off the land and using your own two hands to do a thing, which was the right way to go. At least that’s what Phoena believed. She was a hard worker and believed that to get something done you should do it yourself and not rely on others, and the others in this case were technology. “I try to picture my whole family out in this world and how they probably couldn’t survive a whole day.” Phoena laughed to herself and shook her head. To her family it was blasphemy to even leave their village, especially for a woman to leave the village. “I think some of them might actually die from the technology overload!” Phoena said sarcastically, because there was no way they could die but the confusion might overwhelm them.

Phoena stared at Lily as she continued on about how Phoena would not buy her lunch. It was hard for Phoena to believe that someone would turn down a free meal. “If you insist on buying your own then we can definitely meet for lunch around noon! Actually, I should be done with my school work once I finish this assignment.” And when Lily stuck her tongue out at Phoena, Phoena couldn’t help but laugh at her friend. Where she was from people never did gestures like that, so it was enjoyable to see the weird things people did here. It made Phoena that more interested in the people that had lived in this society for their whole lives.

Phoena noticed how Lily got more intense into Phoena’s problem. She was really determined to help Phoena, and that was a good friend trait that you didn’t find anywhere else. “Yes! It’s that arrow thing! I just don’t know how to get it.” Phoena stared intently at the keyboard as she watched Lily’s fingers search the keys. When she hit a random combination of keys and screamed out that she was successful Phoena almost jumped all the way out of her chair. “You did it!!” She exclaimed and this time she didn’t care who was looking at her. “You are so smart!” Phoena wrapped her arms tightly around Lily’s shoulders and held her close. “I love you so, so, so much!!” Phoena pulled back slightly to give her friend a huge smile. What would she have done if Lily wasn’t her friend? The answer was probably failing all her classes. “Now let me submit my answer!” She let go of Lily and turned back to the computer and grabbed a hold of the mouse. She pointed the curser at submit and clicked. CORRECT! popped up across the screen and Phoena jumped in her chair again and let out a squeal. “This is a good day!” Phoena smiled at her friend again.

MIA! . 684 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jun 30 2014, 04:46 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

Lily rarely attracted negative attention in person, mainly due to how she acted around people. There was only a handful of people she openly disliked, and she tended to avoid them as much as she could. Therefore, anything bad that was said about her would be said behind her back (in a rather childish manner) than to her face. It was a good thing too - Lily's temper would be quick to surface if she was faced with someone accusing her or being plain horrible. She was good with confrontation, but it didn't mean she enjoyed it. Even those people she was friendly with knew better than to be rude to her face: if someone was frustrated with her or wasn't interested, many would just fake interest rather than irritate her by being rude. Granted, a lot of people would be rude to Lily and she'd laugh it off, but there was a huge difference between 'not interested rude' which Lily saw as a challenge, and 'unnecessary rude' from her own friends.

"Sometimes the need for technology is completely pointless," Lily commented. Modern technology was a life saver in so many ways, but it was also a massive pain. Lily adored her mobile, and how easy it was now to order something from anywhere - she could order food or some clothes just from her phone. Social networking also made it so much easier for her to contact her friends, and figure out what was going on. However, before Belgrade social networking had been a nightmare for her. The werewolf genes attracted comments from the children she lived with, and once they reached their teenage years and had access to facebook and texting, the comments grew nastier and became anonymous. The staff did not care, so Lily had to deal with the comments by herself, but it had left a bitter taste in her mouth, and she was constantly reminded of it whenever she used facebook, even if she didn't receive such comments anymore. Lily laughed slightly along with Phoena at the mention of her family, "You never know, they might adapt to it really well. Some of them might even love the whole technology thing."

Even though she had grown up at an orphanage, Lily had never lacked food or any other basic human right. She'd also had enough to eat and drink, and she'd always had a roof over her head. So despite the constant bullying throughout her childhood, she had never complained too much because she knew it could be a lot worse. However, it hadn't stopped her from feeling sorry for herself nearly everyday. Now, at Belgrade, Lily didn't like people buying her meals for her help, as she felt that there was no need for them to waste their own money. She could fund her own lifestyle, but she knew not everyone could so she didn't like accepting free stuff. "I do insist on it," she smiled, "That sounds good to me! There's always time for lunch," she added. Lily thought quickly of her own essay that still needed to be finished, but hey, taking a break for lunch wouldn't harm it too much ... she hoped. Yup, looked like she would be spending her night finishing the silly thing.

It often surprised people how willing Lily was to help, especially if they were a good friend. In return, Lily would be shocked at how people never expected to be helped by anyone, even if they were a good friend. Therefore, Phoena's reaction made a huge smile appear on Lily's face as she took in her friend's gratitude. "I'm not that smart!" Lily laughed, hugging Phoena back as she got caught up in her excitement, "I love you too!" Phoena's loud excitement had drawn even more attention from those around them, the murmuring grew louder as they were being disturbed. Slouching back down in her chair, she patiently watched as Phoena clicked submit and smiled along with her as it was shown to be correct. "This is definitely a good day!" she answered. At least one of them was getting good grades. "I'm the best person ever," she announced, stating it like it was a fact, "But don't ask me to do that again, because I have no idea whatsoever what I just did," she laughed.

TAG: PHOENA | WORD COUNT: 719
PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jul 1 2014, 01:18 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Lily was right about technology. What was the point of really needing technology? Phoena felt that all it did was make the larger population into idiots. Everyone became so dependent on technology that nobody could do anything for themselves. During tests Phoena was always the first to be done because she could write a lot faster than most of the other students. They were all so used to typing on computers that they let their handwriting skills turn into crap. It really wasn’t hard to pick up a pen or pencil and just write like a normal person. Being normal in the school was kind of hard to come across considering everyone was some type of supernatural being, but they had still be integrated into human culture for a long time. They should all know how to write and write well. Of all people it should have been Phoena that didn’t excel in writing because her family was so kept away, but the entire village knew how to write and read at a young age it was a skill that was not skipped on in Phoena’s life.

The thoughts of her family kept circling in her mind as she tried to picture them trying to understand technology. Her younger siblings might enjoy it, but her parents would definitely shun it. Her father understood a little bit of technology because he would go into the human’s society to sell their medicine but he always talked bad about the humans when he returned home. It hurt Phoena to know that her family could never enjoy the life out here, not including technology. “I would love for them to understand technology...But I think they would be too afraid to leave the village.” Phoena didn’t expect her voice to drop when she started to talk about her family. Would she ever be able to return to see them? Phoena quickly shook the thought away. This wasn’t a time for her to be sad. She was going to be happy and enjoy the time right now with her friend.

Phoena was glad that Lily wanted to eat lunch with her. Usually she would sneak away to the flower gardens to eat her lunch alone. Having a good friend and good conversation was a much better way to spend her lunch hour. “I only have one more question and then we can head out?” Phoena made her statement sound more like a question because she didn’t want to force the idea onto LIly, even though she had already agreed to going to lunch. It could never hurt to double check by asking a simple question. This way if Lily did decide to back out then Phoena would be more prepared. That thought wasn’t a good one because now Phoena was really looking forward to their lunch escapade.

“You are definitely smarter than I am,” Phoena laughed to herself. “I could have sat here all day and never figured out how to get that arrow button.” Phoena moved her hands around the computer to gesture to Lily that she really would have never gotten any of it figured out. Phoena laughed again and put a smile on her face. “You definitely are the best person ever! You are by far one of the nicest people I have met at this school.” Phoena’s last statement was the truest thing she had said this whole conversation. Lily was absolutely wonderful and Phoena would never trade her friendship with her for anything. “Now this one last problem and we can leave.” Phoena grabbed her pencil in her left hand and began to scribble down equations on her sheet of paper. She pushed up her thick framed glasses as they began to slid down her face. Not like she needed to glasses too much, they just really helped her see things close up.

After a couple minutes Phoena pulled away from her paper and looked up at the screen. “The answer is….” Phoena mumbled under her breath. “2….over(/).... 3…..x….” Phoena mumbled through her answer as she slowly pecked at the keyboard. “To the third power…..Oh no….” The dreaded arrow was back!

MIA! . 720 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 01:05 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

Lily made a noise of discontent at Phoena's words about her family, frowning slightly. She could never imagine having a family that was completely cut off from the wider society, and then basically ignoring her existence if she chose to venture outside an isolated life - at least, that was what she thought had happened with Phoena. She knew some details, but not all of them, and she had chosen to be considerate and not ask questions. It wasn't uncommon for people at Belgrade to be reluctant to discuss their families, and Lily wasn't one to go around asking details about it. Some things were too hurtful for people to recount, and Lily didn't want to bring back painful memories. Personally, she didn't particularly mind if people asked her about her family and childhood: she was painfully honest, and it made some uncomfortable to learn about the childhood Lily had experienced, and the uncaring attitude she had about it. She didn't see the point in dwelling on it. "Well, they're missing out on a lot!" she finally answered, unsure of what else to say that wouldn't come across as rude or dismissive.

Lunch time seemed like any other time of day for Lily. She was always surrounded by someone that she would be trying to talk to, and lunch times just meant she would be around more people, but with the added bonus of having something to eat. She used the lunch hour to attempt to catch up with people she wouldn't normally see on a day to day basis, and for her it was just another hour of being a chatty little werewolf before having to go back to class and focus on work. Who she spent her lunch with varied day by day, and today she would be spending it with a very close friend. "Yeah, go ahead. I'll answer anything you throw at me!" she said cheerfully, smiling at her friend and leaning back in the chair. As long as it wasn't an actual question on maths, Lily would probably have an answer. Maybe.

Lily made a face of disbelief at Phoena's words, shaking her head with a smile. "I don't think I am smarter .. you're the one sitting here doing math! I can barely add," she responded. That was true enough: literature was her forte, not adding and subtracting basic numbers. "I bet you would have figured it out eventually!" she added. Phoena's following words made Lily feel a rare moment of embarrassment, and she fought to keep the light blush from her cheeks. She was never embarrassed, and she usually took compliments in her stride, but that was a lovely thing to hear, especially from Phoena. "Aw don't you're making me blush," she answered with a small smile, feeling incredibly happy at what she'd been told, "I'm not that much of a good person," she added. Lily knew she had been a good friend to Phoena, but that was due to the fact she enjoyed her company and Phoena was a lovely person to be with.

She settled back into her chair as Phoena started working on the next problem, and her eyes scanned the people around them. Thankfully, the majority were now ignoring the pair and were once again focusing on their work. Lily did feel slightly guilty for making so much noise - she knew what it felt like when you were trying to complete an assignment and someone was being disruptive in a work environment - but it was due to helping Phoena out, and because of that she didn't mind so much. Phoena's mumbling drew her attention again, and she frowned at the complicated numbers she could see on the paper, and that were now slowly forming on the screen. "That's my cue!" she announced, leaning forward and concentrating as she scanned the keyboard. "I think, it was that one...." she trailed off, pressing the key and smiling as the correct symbol appeared on the screen. "Yup, that one!"

TAG: PHOENA | WORD COUNT: 666 (omg)
PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 03:47 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Phoena jumped a little when she heard Lily make such a noise. It was strange for Phoena to see a friend of hers make that kind of noise. Lily knew little to nothing about Phoena’s family except for the general things Phoena will mention in conversation. She could only imagine the picture that Lily had painted in her mind about Phoena’s family. She probably thought they were a bunch of hippies that wanted to step away from “the man”. That would be a hilarious image because Phoena knew that no one in her large family would ever be like that. They hated what a unified government did to its people, because they believed it was controlling. In the short time Phoena had been in this world she really didn’t see it, but her family was never the ones for logical thought.

It was hard for Phoena to focus on her work when her mind was so caught up in thinking about her family. She would write something and then quickly erase it realizing she had done the problem wrong…again. The math wasn’t the most difficult thing for her, but when she was so consumed by the thoughts of her family that she found it hard to concentrate on calculus. Phoena ran her fingers through her hair as she thought about the problem and her mom… How she missed her mom, especially on days where she needed help. She was always the closest to her mom and leaving her was the hardest decision of her life. It was Phoena’s dad that really began to push her away with his strict and unmanageable rules. Phoena really couldn’t live in a place that suppressed her just because she was a girl.

Phoena shook her head and laughed a little at Lily’s comment. “This is not hard math.” Phoena said as she continued to work on her problem. ”If you are given the proper set up then it is actually really easy.” A smile formed across Phoena’s face. She really enjoyed doing her homework. It made her feel like she could accomplish anything! And when it was right it was always gave Phoena that happy gut feeling. ”If you would like I could teach you!” Phoena said with her big smile still on her face. ”You can show me how to work the online portion and I can help you through the math.” Phoena would enjoy tutoring her friend. She would find it exciting almost like a new adventure!

Phoena was shocked by Lily’s comment about how she wasn’t that good of a person. ”I’m not kidding when I say you are one of the nicest people I have met! I do not lie, Lily.” Phoena gave her side a look to tell her that she should have known the obvious. Phoena was not one for lying, she doesn’t understand the purpose of it. Therefore, she would never dream of lying, especially to a friend like Lily. Turning back to her problem she once again struggled with figuring out how to work that dang arrow button. But before she could say anything else Lily was up and fixing Phoena’s problem. ”See, I told you you were one of the nicest people here!” Phoena wrapped her arms around Lily again and gave her a tight hug. ”I would not be able to do this without you!”

Turning back to the computer screen Phoena hit submit again and once more ‘CORRECT’ popped up. ”Perfect!” Phoena exclaimed as she clasped her hands together. ”Now that I am done would you like to get lunch?” Phoena smiled at Lily and hoped that she would still agree to do lunch even if it was the third time she asked.

MIA! . 621 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jul 5 2014, 07:31 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

Lily resisted the urge to laugh as Phoena claimed that math wasn't really hard. As far as she was concerned, math was hell on earth, and one of the most difficult subjects she had ever come across. She never understood people that did something with maths for a living (what did you do with maths for a living?) and she had no desire to find out either. She despised the subject, and much preferred her books and words to numbers on lined paper. "Not hard math?" she asked incredulously, raising an eyebrow at Phoena, "That looks like hard math to me. Impossible math. Ridiculous math. Not easy math!" She threw up her hands in a dramatic fashion, rolling her eyes and laughing quietly. Lily definitely enjoyed acting like a drama queen at times, and today was one of those times. Phoena's offer stopped Lily in her tracks, as she seriously considered the girls words. She knew that she needed to understand some complicated bits of math to get through life - deposits, paying rent, all that boring adult business - but she had always put it off. "You'd really help me?" she asked with a smile, "Honestly, that sounds like a good deal to me. Teach me math, and I'll help you enter those weird symbol things."

The side look Lily was given caused her to smile sheepishly at Phoena. She wasn't one for lying, and Lily knew that, but it had been an automatic reaction to deny the compliment she had been given - a typical social interaction response that had been drilled into Lily since she could talk. Regardless, compliments often made Lily feel uncomfortable as she didn't do very well with praise. She didn't do the things she did to be thanked and praised: she did them because she wished to help people. Therefore, compliments made her uncomfortable. "Well, thank you," she answered with a soft smile, "I'd say you probably are the nicest person I've ever met." No one could disagree with the serious tone Lily's voice had taken on when she'd spoken those words: Phoena didn't have a bad bone in her body, and she was an amazing person. Lily returned the tight hug, leaving an arm lounging on Phoena's shoulders as she sat back in her own chair. "I'm sure you could do it without me, but still, I am pretty fantastic."

The correct sign popped up once again, and Lily smiled, feeling satisfied. It was nice knowing that she had helped Phoena out, and also nice knowing that Phoena had achieved all the correct answers with the math. "Lunch? I never turn down lunch, Phoena," she replied with a cheeky grin, "I never turn down food." She sat back properly, eyes glancing at her own computer and frowning slightly. "But I do need to save my work and attempt to salvage something of that essay after we've finished eating," she added. Damn essay, it was now ruining her lunch plans. She was certain that the threat of the essay would be hanging over her head the entire time she had lunch with Phoena.

TAG: PHOENA | WORD COUNT: 519
PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jul 9 2014, 01:53 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Phoena couldn’t help but laugh as Lily went on about how she hated math. Some subjects weren’t right for some people and Phoena was sure that there were subjects Lily excelled at that Phoena could probably never pass, possibly one of those writing intensive classes. Phoena struggled with passing her basic English 101 class. That itself put Lily ahead of Phoena in her own eyes. ”I am sure your English literature classes would kick my butt!” Phoena said with a playful voice while patting Lily on her shoulder. In reality those classes had kicked Phoena’s butt before, which is why she never took one again after her freshman year. ”I really would not mind helping you with math if you needed it!” Phoena said excitedly. She loved the idea of tutoring her friend in a subject that she actually knew well. ”I like the idea of us trading off help! But it seems like you are the one getting the short end of the stick,” she said while motioning her eyes towards the keyboard. Phoena would pick calculus over a computer any day of the week.

Phoena didn’t understand why Lily tried to turn down her compliment until she started to compliment Phoena. ”You think I am one of the nicest people you have ever met?” Phoena was shocked. It made sense as to why Lily was one of the nicest people because she willingly helped Phoena whenever needed. But Phoena was confused as to why Lily would think the same of her. She hadn’t done anything to help Lily or anything. Phoena let out an awkward laugh as she tried to get away from the compliment. ”I, uhm, sure you do not mean me,” she laughed again. ”You are the one that helps me, not the other way around.” Phoena shook her head in disbelief. She never had anyone tell her such a nicest thing before and it was almost too good to be true. ”I just, uhm, awkwardly try to get through my day.” Phoena’s face turned red because her words were not making any sense and she was probably making a fool of herself. At least she knew she was in the company of a good friend that would most likely not judge her.

Now she was ready to leave the dreaded computer behind and get lunch with Lily. ”I am glad you enjoy getting food as much as I do.” Phoena said followed by a little laugh. Phoena made sure that every semester she had blocked out a time to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. She never liked to miss a meal. Usually she preferred to make her own meals, but going out with a friend did make her day a little bit better. ”I do not mind waiting on you if you need to finish now.” Phoena began to gather her stacks of papers and notebooks and neatly stuffing them into her backpack. ”If you need to finish something go do it and I can wait.” Phoena smiled at Lily as she laid her hands on her lap, interlocking her finger, trying to look as patient as possible.

MIA! . 523 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jul 15 2014, 04:42 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

Ever since she could remember, Lily had loved books and reading. When she was a little girl, she'd sit up late at night attempting to read her children's books by moonlight. As she grew older and acquired torches, she would huddle in bed and continue her reading. During her teenage years, her love for books no longer extended to losing sleep, but she remained a firm reader and kept up with modern fiction whilst also reading the classics. Her love for literature was pushed to the limits now she was having to study it intensely at university, but it was still there. "Noooo, your math classes would kick my butt," she responded childishly, sticking her tongue out in jest. She hummed softly as Phoena continued speaking, "Honestly, if you could help me with some math you'd be a real live saver." Lily really didn't mind helping out Phoena without being taught math in return, but if it made Phoena feel better about the entire situation, then she didn't mind. "You know, I can also teach you some english stuff you don't understand?" Lily offered.

Lily smiled in confirmation as Phoena repeated her own words back at her, slightly bemused at how shocked Phoena was. She was far too modest at times, and Lily couldn't understand why Phoena didn't fathom just how lovely she was to everyone. It was rare for Lily to come across someone that was 100% genuine, but she had found that in the girl sitting next to her. Even if Lily didn't take compliments very well, she didn't hesitate before handing them out to the people she thought deserved them. "Damn right you're one of the nicest people I've ever met," she nodded her head, pretending to be serious, "I don't think anyone would argue with me there." Her nodding then changed to shaking at Phoena's next words, and she resisted a frown. "I definitely mean you! Don't be silly, you help me out just as much. You're going to teach me math, for example," she answered, smiling reassuringly. She then laughed, especially as she noticed at the red flooding Phoena's face. "Everyone tries to awkwardly get through their day!" she laughed.

Now food, that was something that Lily understood more than what she understood literature. Food broke awkward moments, gave people something to do together and more importantly, it stopped you from being hungry. As far as Lily was concerned, food made the world go round, not money (although you did need money to buy food, but Lily ignored that little fact). "Hey, I will never turn down the offer of food, and you know that," Lily stated, continuing to slouch in her chair. She hummed in acceptance at Phoena's words, her eyes straying once again to the computer she had abandoned in favour of sitting next to her friend. Once again, this was why she should never leave essays so late - it was stupid, risky and she always found another reason to put it off even further, even if it was due in the following day. "I won't be able to finish it before dinner, so I'm not finishing it now," she laughed, shaking her head. "Nah, I'll just finish it later," she spoke, dismissing her work with a flip of her hand.

TAG: PHOENA | WORD COUNT: 547
PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jul 23 2014, 01:28 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Lily had surely lost her mind. Thinking that math classes were harder than the literature classes she had to take. Trying to read all those stories and find deep meanings behind every word and then writing a twenty word page. It was beyond impossible for Phoena to even imagine. Phoena really enjoyed reading books without having to worry about what the author really meant. Luckily she avoided most classes that would require something like that for her. ”Trust me; you are going to have your hands full if you want to try and help my poor soul.” Phoena laughed at herself and shook her head in shame. She was a sad case when it came to anything that involved writing. Phoena’s mother tried to get her to learn when she was younger but most of their attention had to go to the mixing of their herbs. Phoena never had the time to dedicate to writing anything until now.

Phoena continued to blush as Lily continued on about how Phoena was such a nice person. No one had ever told her that before. Most people either made fun of Phoena or “awed” while patting her on the head because she was so awkward and confused all the time. She never thought of herself as a nice person. ”Thank you for those nice words.” Phoena said softly to her friend. She had no idea how to properly accept a compliment. She heard other people before say thank you and go about their day or twist the compliment back. Phoena had already told Lily how nice she was and didn’t want to seem repetitive so she just kept quiet with a pink color on her cheeks. She decided to go with the change of subject to try and get rid of the awkward color on her face. ”I will do my best to tutor you!” Phoena pumped her fist close to her chest, seeming to change moods in an instant. ”Yes, but my awkward cannot be beat.” Phoena leaned in towards Lily. ”I think I could win an award for how awkward I am.” Phoena winked. Even though she hated how difficult it was to get through the day without having an awkward mishap she knew she just had to make fun of it herself. If she let it get to her she would truly go crazy.

Phoena watched closely as Lily stared at her computer screen. Phoena was ready and packed and the only thing holding her back was that essay. She watched carefully waiting to see if Lily was going to make a move. Phoena wasn’t even sure if she blinked while watching Lily. And when Lily flipped her hand in dismissal Phoena almost jumped from her chair. She was in such a trance she almost forgot what was going on. ”Soooo…” Phoena looked from the computer to Lily. ”Does that mean we can go?” Phoena said in almost a teasing voice with a smile on her face. Her stomach was getting hungrier by the second and she wasn’t sure if she could wait any longer.

MIA! . 515 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^

TOPIC OPTIONS
Pages: (2) 1 2 
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

affiliates

skinned by mia for dance in the dark only!