there is currently a shifter and angel ban!

ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

leap of faith, tag: phoena
EZEKIEL SAMUEL ALLER
 Posted: Jul 9 2014, 08:41 PM
ANGEL

Anthropology
male
66 posts
member no. 41
"It's a quiet voice that no one hears. It's a silent wish to have no fear. I never knew that you could sing so softly."
mitz IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

And I thought maybe we could save ourselves
He said he'd meet her there. And he didn't know why, but as he stood just outside the gated entrance where ticket booths also were. Zeke felt nervous. Granted, Zeke could sometimes be an anxious person in general, especially in social settings, but this was different, and he couldn't put his finger on why. It wasn't uncommon for Zeke and Phoena to go to a fun event together. Since they both didn't do so well in social situations, they could act as each other's encouragement. But Zeke was smoothing over his hair nervously. And he just blamed the crowd for making him feel antsy.

The air was crisp and there was a light, chilled breeze. Zeke didn't much mind cooler weather. IN fact, he preferred it. He was dressed casually and he was wondering if she was dressed appropriately. This was a casual meeting, so kept telling himself to calm down. But that was easier said than done.

He kept his wings compressed as tightly as tightly as possible. It was crowded areas such as these, he had to be more aware of who and what was around him. People generally gave him enough space, aware of his wings because they were difficult to miss. ANgels just tended to stand out more, which had always been something Zeke was self conscious about.

So he tried to stop his mind from running rampant while he waited.

PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jul 10 2014, 02:44 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night / Take these sunken eyes and learn to see / All your life / You were only waiting for this moment to be free. /"
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

i don't want to battle from beginning to end
NO I DON'T WANT TO CYCLE RECYCLE REVENGE user posted image

There wasn't anything out of the ordinary about this social adventure. Phoena typically went off with Zeke when she wanted to brave the outside world. But Phoena was actually a little bit surprised when Zeke asked her to go to this festival. They liked to keep to themselves and watch movies just the two of them. Phoena didn't want to think too far into it, she was sure that Zeke wanted to try something new and decided that Phoena was the perfect companion.

Phoena got ready as usual and threw on whatever she could find in her closet and tossed her curly hair up into a messy bun. This was her look almost every day of the week. When Phoena looked at her clock after getting ready she noticed she was already late. She quickly made her way to the fairgrounds. "Zeke! Phoena shouted, waving her hand back in forth in the air as she ran towards her friend. "I... am... sorry... I... am... so... late." Phoena tried to catch her breath as she placed her hands on her knees in exhaustion. When she finally got a hold of herself she looked up at Zeke with a smile on her face. "I hope you were not waiting long."

i don't want to follow death and all his friends

Mitz . 202 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
EZEKIEL SAMUEL ALLER
 Posted: Jul 19 2014, 09:41 PM
ANGEL

Anthropology
male
66 posts
member no. 41
"It's a quiet voice that no one hears. It's a silent wish to have no fear. I never knew that you could sing so softly."
mitz IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Zeke had been kicking at the dirt, wondering if Phoena had forgotten. The idea that she had forgotten quickly snowballed into the idea that she was standing him up, because Phoena wasn't irresponsible like that to forget. But he immediately pushed that notion aside, too. Phoena wouldn't do that. And since she wouldn't, Zeke was irrationally concerned for her well being. Did something happen to her? Was she okay?

Just as Zeke was pulling his phone from his pocket, heard his naming being called. He looked up to see Phoena wave and then rush to him. He walked to meet her. He felt a wave of relief wash over him and he smiled warmly at her as she made her apologies.

"No, not long at all," he lied. It wasn't just because she was a little late, but also because he had gotten there early. "Here, let me buy your tickets." Without seeing if she would protest to that, Zeke turned and approached the ticket booth. He purchased an equal amount for the both of them and handed Phoena her small stack. "What were you in the mood for first? Did you eat yet?"

It was strange... He had expected all his worries to vanish the moment she showed up, but they didn't. Regardless, his tone was light and friendly, revealing nothing.

PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jul 23 2014, 07:55 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night / Take these sunken eyes and learn to see / All your life / You were only waiting for this moment to be free. /"
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Phoena knew that Zeke wasn’t one to be late. She figured that he had been waiting for a few minutes but did not want to tell her so she wouldn’t feel bad about being late. ”Do not lie to me Ezekiel.” Phoena wagged her finger at him as if she were a scolding parent. She didn’t like to used his full first name, she preferred to call him Zeke. She only used it when she pretended to be mad at him, because she could never truly be mad at him. ”You can tell me if you were waiting for a while. I am the one who was running late.” Phoena smiled up at her rather tall friend.

When Phoena left her dorm she made sure to bring enough money. She may be always low on cash but she wasn’t going to let Zeke pay for her. ”No!” Phoena chased after her friend and grabbed his arm and began to tug at it. ”I will not let you pay for me!” Phoena’s strength was not enough to stop Zeke from buying her tickets. She sighed to herself as she watched him buy the tickets, while her arm still rested on his arm. A sick feeling was in her stomach because she hated it when people paid for her.

”I ate a little salad before I left…” Phoena was still a little hungry but she wouldn’t tell Zeke in fear that he would want to pay for her again. ”Oh!” Phoena got excited as she thought of an idea they could do. ”Can we go play those ring tossing games?” Phoena motioned with her hand that wasn’t on his arm the movement someone would do if they were playing the game. ”I have never done one of those before!” Phoena’s excitement was quickly growing as she smiled up at Zeke.

Mitz . 308 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
EZEKIEL SAMUEL ALLER
 Posted: Jul 24 2014, 07:25 PM
ANGEL

Anthropology
male
66 posts
member no. 41
mitz IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

He ignored her protests as he purchased the tickets. The truth of the matter was that Zeke was fine in terms of money. He's been living for almost a century. While he traveled, he found ways to fund his expeditions. While he avoided crowds and material needs, he took part in the business world, businesses he felt were honorable and with good intentions. He may not have looked it, but he was business literate. Besides, he didn't mind giving his money to others or those in need. It was his nature to offer everything he could.

"A salad?" Zeke chuckled with his surprise. "And none of the smells of the food carts are tempting you?" he asked as they walked further into the fair grounds. The smells of sweet funnel cake wafted to his nose first. Already, his mouth was watering. But Phoena had her mind elsewhere and he smiled down at her as he noticed her excitement. "Yeah! I don't know if I'll be any good, but I can try to win you a prize." Zeke brought a hand to the top of her head and ruffled her hair playfully.

He looked away from her in an attempt to locate the games. He was tall enough to get a good view above others. "I think I see some over there." He pointed to the east side of the grounds. Without thinking, Zeke had grabbed her hand and started walking east.

PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jul 25 2014, 06:57 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Phoena had never been to a fair of any kind before. This was her first experience and she was glad to spend it with Zeke, but he was going to have to handle Phoena’s lack of knowledge. The only things she knew about carnivals or fairs was what she had seen in her movies. And the food in the movies always looked appetizing so the thought of eating it did cross Phoena’s mind. She sucked in air through her nose and the only smell she picked up was grease. She coughed at the stench and it made her feel a bit queasy. ”I am not sure if I want to eat this food.” Phoena looked around at the fair with a skeptical look on her face. She wasn’t a health nut but she knew what food was and wasn’t good for her, and things dosed in grease were far from good. ”I might die if I eat any of this food….” Most touches freaked Phoena out, but the playful ones from Zeke she was used to at this point. She swatted at his hand to try and get him to stop. ”You do not have to win me anything!” Phoena put her hands on her hips and gave Zeke one of her scolding looks. ”You spent too much money to start, so you cannot do anything else for.” Phoena nodded her head as if her words were final. Zeke most likely wouldn’t protest her, but she knew he would probably deny it in the end. ”I can win you a prize.” Phoena giggled as she poked Zeke’s chest. Phoena wasn’t a dominate person and she would usually let people do whatever they wanted, but around Zeke she liked to pretend she was confident from time to time.

”Where?!” Phoena asked excitedly as she looked around for the games, except she was too short to see around the crowds of people. Phoena barely noticed when Zeke took her hand and began to walk. She didn’t see that action coming, especially from him. Her body wanted to freeze when he took her hand. They would playfully mess around with one another sometimes but he never just grabbed her hand like that. ”Uhm…Zeke…”” Phoena looked nervously at their hands together with a light pink color on her face. She didn’t know what to say to him, but she wondered if he noticed that he was leading her hand-in-hand.

Mitz . 406 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
EZEKIEL SAMUEL ALLER
 Posted: Jul 27 2014, 06:17 PM
ANGEL

Anthropology
male
66 posts
member no. 41
mitz IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

He led her deeper into the fairgrounds, unaware of her discomfort at his hand on hers. When they finally made it to the stand of the ring toss (which was one of many through the grounds), he heard her call his name, the hesitance concerning him. He looked back at her, confusion in his eyes until her eyes drifted to his hand, and he followed her gaze. He saw their entwined hands and he felt his face flush pink. It wasn't strange for Zeke to touch others. While he may have been socially awkward or even clueless, he wasn't opposed to touching. He'd experienced so many different cultures, and many of them involved intimacy with those among the community. Hand holding, to Zeke, was so rudimentary, but it hadn't occurred to him that holding Phoena's hand would make her uncomfortable.

The realization startled him, and he let go of her hand immediately. "I'm... I'm sorry, Phoena," he apologized softly. He could excuse himself and say that it didn't mean anything, but he also wasn't a liar. It did mean something to him. Perhaps it didn't mean the strictly romantic scripture that came with hand-holding, but it represented his comfort level with her. He did want to be more intimate with Phoena. He didn't feel closer to anyone else.

He slipped his hands into his pockets, as if the gesture would reassure his friend that he wouldn't reach for her. The last thing he wanted was to make her more uncomfortable. He knew she wasn't a fan of crowds. Putting her at ease was at the forefront of his mind in that instant. "This is the ring toss!" he said, hoping to divert her attention. He turned a bit toward the stand. "You get a bucket of those plastic rings and you toss them to try and get them onto the necks of the bottles." There were a few people already there trying to succeed at the rigged game. "Wanna give it a whirl?"

PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 04:29 AM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

The moment that Phoena had brought attention to their entwined hands was the second he let go. When his hand was gone from hers she suddenly missed the warmth that it brought her, and then her hand started to feel cold. While he apologized to her Phoena looked at her hand in front of her face. No man had ever held her hand before, but she knew that it could mean something between two people. Phoena instantly became interested in why her hand longed for the warmth that was previously there. But the idea of him taking her hand again only made her cheeks burn warmer. ”It…it is OK.” Phoena finally turned her blue eyes back to Zeke. She figured that he did it in an innocent manner and probably forgot that she was uncomfortable with actions like that. ”I am sure you did not mean anything by it.” Phoena smiled up at him to let him know that she wasn’t offended by the gesture at all.

Zeke’s acknowledgement that the game Phoena was looking forward to was close made her really excited. A big, goofy smile crossed her face and she looked up to Zeke like a kid at Christmas. ”Yes! I want to play very much!” Phoena jumped in place and clapped her hands together. She had seen many people attempt to play this game in movies and she was excited to give it a try herself. Phoena turned to the man running the booth. ”Uhmmm, I need some of… those things, please!” Phoena pointed towards another person throwing rings at the bottles. The man gave Phoena a look of judgment before handing her one of the buckets. Phoena stared at the man as he gave her such a terrible look. She wasn’t sure if she should apologize for being so excited. Or did she ask for the wrong thing? Phoena couldn’t find a reason why the man had given her a bad look. When the man walked away to help another customer Phoena looked up to Zeke with a sad look in her eyes. ”Did I do something wrong?” Phoena had not been out in this society for long so she had a lot of mishaps and people not understanding that she didn’t understand most things.

Mitz . 379 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
EZEKIEL SAMUEL ALLER
 Posted: Jul 30 2014, 04:17 AM
ANGEL

Anthropology
male
66 posts
member no. 41
mitz IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Phoena assured him that it was okay, but she added that she was sure he didn't mean anything by it. The words, for some reason that was beyond him, hurt. They hurt deeply. Meant nothing by it... The thought circulated in his mind. Did there have to be meaning behind it? Well, if there wasn't meaning behind it, then Zeke wouldn't feel like he'd just been shot down. He masked his expression well though and he smiled at her, if not a bit sadly. Her attention had been turned to the stand in front of them and he took a breath to push through the unrealistic thoughts he was having.

The man running the tent was anything but friendly. He seemed to focus all his negative energy onto Phoena and neither Zeke nor her could understand why. Zeke looked at the man strangely, brow furrowing. He didn't exactly like the way the man dismissed his friend, but the angel wasn't confrontational. The man probably hated his job and seeing someone as bright as Phoena probably made him hate it even more, though how anyone could be down when Phoena was around was beyond him.

"Just ignore him..." Zeke told her with a dismissive wave of his hand. He wanted to turn Phoena's attention away from the man so he pointed to the bottles. "Go ahead. Try and throw one." Zeke kept an eye on the man though, watching him through his periphery. He just hoped the man wouldn't give Phoena any more trouble. Getting her out to these events was difficult already and he didn't want her to have a bad experience at the fair, not when it was meant to be enjoyed.

PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jul 30 2014, 03:42 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Phoena always did everything in her limited power to please people, to make sure that they never hurt or offended by things she said. Now it seemed that this one man threw all her efforts to waste. She truly didn’t mean any harm to him when she asked for the rings. She was completely unsure about everything concerning the game and really only needed a little bit of help to get her through it. ”Should I apologize to him?” Phoena looked up at Zeke. She knew it bothered him when she apologized so much, but if the man was truly angry at her that may be the only way for her to make amends.

Zeke wanted Phoena to ignore the man, but something in her couldn’t resist the urge to apologize. If she had made him upset then she should let him now that she didn’t mean it. ”Uhm, excuse me…sir.” Phoena waved her hand to get the man’s attention. Her face was red as she did this. It was unlike her to step up and do something for herself, even though apologizing was something she did every day. The man rolled his eyes and walked over to her. ”I am sorry if I offended you.” She nervously smiled up at the man hoping to be forgiven. The man stared for a moment with wide eyes and muttered an OK and walked away again. Phoena felt satisfied that her and the man were on better terms.

”All better!” Phoena laughed a little and glanced up to Zeke hoping he would approve of her actions. ”Now I can play!” Phoena pumped her fist and took ahold of her first ring. This was it. She was finally going to play a carnival game for the first time. With one long intense look for strategizing Phoena flung the ring at the bottles. The ring bounced off the top of the bottles and fell to the ground. Phoena’s face turned into shock when her goal was not met. ”The movies always made this seem so easy.” She frowned towards the bottles before attempting again and again and again and again to no avail. Phoena huffed as she got towards the end of the bucket. She only had a few more chances left and she really wanted to win a prize.

Phoena turned her blue eyes to look at Zeke. A sly smile crossed her face. ”You try!” She shoved the bucket in front of Zeke. If anyone could make this she was sure her best friend would.

Mitz . 423 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
EZEKIEL SAMUEL ALLER
 Posted: Jul 31 2014, 08:39 PM
ANGEL

Anthropology
male
66 posts
member no. 41
mitz IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

tag: phoena
notes: <3
Zeke opened his mouth to tell Phoena she shouldn't apologize, but she was turning away from him before he could even breath out a syllable. His features drooped as he watched her approach the man. He repressed a sigh. There were times when he wanted to shake some sense into Phoena. She sometimes went out of her way to please others. Granted, Zeke was as much a culprit as she, but Phoena took it to a whole other level. Compared to her, Zeke was an awful sinner. But perhaps that's why he kept allowing himself to be absorbed by her. He liked it when she was close to him or when she smiled at him. Her sincerity was one of the things he found most lovable about her.

He sighed and waited patiently for her to come back. Her smile told him that she was pleased enough with the results of her apology. He had the urge to reach into his pocket and pull out 50 cents, but she seemed on edge enough. Teasing her might not have been the best idea, so he stomped the thought down. Instead, he smiled at her and nodded. He handed her the bucket and let her give the ring toss and shot. She missed all of them and he was laughing a bit, enjoying himself. But she offered him the rest and he blinked in surprise. He wasn't prepared for that.

Zeke felt a sudden sense of pressure - pressure to succeed. He may have had more experience with the game than Phoena, but he was by no means any good. Besides, everyone knew these games were rigged. Taking a deep breath, Zeke reached for one of the rings. There were six left. Six chances. Of course, he missed the first. And then the second. Then the third. And then the fourth. Two more... He looked at the obstacle in front of him and then at Phoena. He didn't want to let her down. With as much concentration as he could muster, he tossed the ring. It bounced on one bottle and then another and then another and almost hooked on the last one before bouncing out and hitting the ground. Last one. It bounced again like the last, but this one stuck and spun around a neck. Zeke threw up his arms in triumph. "Yes!" he laughed and turned to Phoena and brought her in for a hug.

PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Aug 1 2014, 02:17 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Zeke’s smile reassured Phoena that she had done the right thing. Typically she was terrified of making her own decisions and liked to have other people make the decisions for her. But sometimes she felt the need to do her own thing and try to step outside her box. Sometimes it backfired in her face which would make her retreat back behind her wall. Then there were times like this when she was sure it had worked. The soft look on Zeke’s face would never lie to Phoena if she did something completely crazy. Even though she was sure there were times where he said what she wanted to hear just to appease her. She knew that he was one of those people that would do anything to make someone happy, and even if she wanted the full truth she knew he wouldn’t let her make a fool of herself.

It was exciting when Zeke accepted the rings and decided to play the game for Phoena. She was obviously no good at the game and needed her best friend to win for her. ”You can do it Zeke!” Phoena grabbed ahold of Zeke’s arm and shook it while she jumped in excitement. She was definitely like a little kid who was experiencing their first fair, which she was. She let go of him so he could play the game but she continued to jump slightly on her own. ”Come on Zeke.” Phoena whispered to herself as she watched to see what her friend could do.

One right bounced off and then another and then another. Phoena was starting to lose hope and her excitement was dying. She was sure that if anyone could win it was Zeke. Phoena was about to give up on the game so she relaxed back on her feet and waited for Zeke to throw the last ring. When that one stuck Phoena had to hold back a scream in her throat. She started to jump up and down, ”You did i—“ Before she could finish her sentence Zeke swept her up in a tight hug. Through her excitement her instinct was to hug him back and she did. She squeezed him really right, ”I knew you could do it!” The hug lasted longer than Phoena had anticipated, and after a few long seconds Phoena wiggled her way out of Zeke’s arms. Her face was covered in a blush as she looked away from Zeke. She was embarrassed that she had acted such a way around him and now people were probably thinking something was happening between the two of them. ”I...I….” She wanted to tell him that she was sorry, but she knew what the consequence would be. ”Thank you for winning,” Phoena smiled warmly up at Zeke.

Mitz . 464 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^

TOPIC OPTIONS
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

affiliates

skinned by mia for dance in the dark only!