there is currently a shifter and angel ban!

ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

sudden silence, sudden heat, silas
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 02:24 AM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night / Take these sunken eyes and learn to see / All your life / You were only waiting for this moment to be free. /"
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

i don't want to battle from beginning to end
NO I DON'T WANT TO CYCLE RECYCLE REVENGE user posted image

If there were awards given out at the masquerade, Phoena would surely win the most awkward girl at the ball. She sat alone at a round table; her face covered with a simple mask, waiting and hoping a friend of hers would show up and want to dance with her. But it was an hour since the masquerade started and not even half of the school had shown up yet. Of course Phoena was the first one there, waiting for them to let students in. This was going to be her first big sociable event since venturing out into the rest of the world. She couldn’t wait to see all the lights, decorations, food, and all the people dancing around and having a good time. While the food was decent, the lights were pretty and the decorations were less spectacular than she was expecting it seemed like the night was going to be a good one.

It was 8pm and still no one Phoena knew was there. This wasn’t surprising considering she didn’t know that many people to begin with, but she was hoping for at least one person. She had gotten ready all by herself, even spending hours watching make-up and hair tutorials on Youtube, but the more people showed up in groups the less she was expecting. She thought about leaving the dance and spending the night reading, but she spent too much money on her dress to let it go to waste. Her weekend waitressing job let her work some hours during the week, while she also kept up with her on-campus job. She spent zero of her free time doing something she wanted to do. All her time went to going to class, doing her homework, working, working, working, or sleeping for three or four hours. The small free time she did have she watched about 20 old 80’s movies that contained high school dances. She had to learn what to expect from somewhere. Her body was about two seconds from giving out, so she decided to spend the last bit of her energy on this night.

”And now let’s slow things down a bit.” Phoena looked up from her chair while the DJ turned on a slower song. A sigh came from her lips. This was about the third slow song that came on and she still had no one to dance with, not even a friend to do the corny “lonely” friend dance with. OK, maybe Phoena had watched too many teen movies.

i don't want to follow death and all his friends

Remi, my love <3 . 420 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
SEONJUNG SILAS KANG
 Posted: Jun 21 2014, 04:25 AM
DEMON

biology
male
22 posts
member no. 65
"my philosophy is things are just as wrong as they seem i believe it's gonna end this way atrocity do you believe in love like I believe in pain?"
remi IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Silas generally enjoyed parties. He had spent a good portion of his life attending them and another good portion of his life preparing for parties. Those, of course, had not been mandatory get-togethers to promote unity within the community. They hadn't been doused in more plastic than the eye needed to see then either, but this was the modern era. One of these days he'd probably get over the overuse of plastic... or well he'd probably just continue to complain about it until there was no longer so much of it. Maybe today he could ignore the travesty. But between the homemade masks that looked like they crawled out of the gutter and the cheap decorations that would have fallen flat at a real masquerade, he probably wouldn't be able to. There was no excuse for doing poor research and and proudly donning poorly-crafted costumes and masks.

Despite the scenic disappointment, the company wasn't absolutely terrible. True, these people weren't exactly the party types Silas usually adorned himself with, but it was still entertaining to see them try to be. He had danced with a few people here and there, but they were (unsurprisingly) nothing like the dance partners he'd had in the past. Half of them didn't actually know how to dance properly, which was a scene in itself. Too many of these party-goers were spending their time trying to impress him. If it hadn't been for that (and the overabundance of plastic) he might have enjoyed this pathetic excuse for a masquerade.

”And now let’s slow things down a bit," the DJ announced (a DJ, what masquerade had a DJ for music??) as the music faded into something slower, something more romantic. He could have groaned. Immediately he caught the look of one girl in particular who had been following him around all night, trying to "make friends" with him. Or, well, clearly more than friends, which would have been fine if she hadn't been so annoying. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was a clingy acquaintance. Silas glanced away and quickly spotted a familiar head of blonde hair nearby and almost applauded in relief. He might have if he'd allowed himself to acknowledge the existence of the feeling in the first place. After all, it was a shame that his reprieve from the oncoming catastrophe at hand was going to be in the form of the idiot from his dorm.

He decided he wouldn't think about how irritating Phoena was and take the chance he was given. Silas knew that he could avoid his clingy stalker, but she would only be back later. If he was seen making the decision to socialize with Phoena, the other girl would probably take the signal and back off. At least, that was how he was rationalizing walking up to his roommate, tapping her on the shoulder, and saying, "What's this? No dance partner for the basket case? What a shame when you look so nice for once."

kati my baby
i finally wrote the thing :D
made by jazmine at caution 2.0
sudden silence, sudden heat
PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 02:49 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
"Blackbird singing in the dead of night / Take these sunken eyes and learn to see / All your life / You were only waiting for this moment to be free. /"
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

There were many people on Phoena’s list that she didn’t want to see tonight. Most of those people were the girl’s that loved to taunt Phoena. They liked to make fun of her hair, her style, and her social awkwardness around everybody. Even though the school was meant for people with supernatural abilities, it felt like a place that if you didn’t fit in with certain people you couldn’t fit in at all. A few outcasts exist, including Phoena, but it was still hard for her to get to know other people when most people looked down on her like she was a strange creature. They were all “strange” creatures to society. So why did they need to be stuck up in a place that was meant for all of them to come together? Phoena didn’t understand a lot of things, but she really didn’t understand other girls.

At the top of her of Phoena’s list was a guy that had pushed her about as far away as she could go. She tried on multiple occasions to be his friend, but he always resist her friendly encounters. They lived together and he never once acted like they could be friends. She never asked him to become her best friend for life, but to be at least on friendly terms would be nice. But he was just like everyone else at that school. She was too weird for him, too much. So he did what any logical person would do and he pushed her away and didn’t want anything to do with her. Phoena felt so awkward that it made her never want to go back to her dorm. She now traveled from friend to friend, mainly sleeping on her friend Zeke’s couch, to avoid him. But was the root of her problem really the fact that he was rude to her or was it because she felt som…

A voice abruptly stopped her thoughts and it didn’t even take her a second to realize who that voice belonged to. It was an insult, of course, and his choice of words did not surprise her. Her blue eyes stared up at the man in front of her. He was beautiful, as always, his face may have been covered by a mask but it didn’t change how he looked to her. “I worked really hard to look like this, so I will take your insult as a compliment!” She tried to have a firm voice, but her nerves made her voice shake a little. She nervously crossed her legs and arms and then turned her head away from him. “Now, if you don’t mind I am waiting on someone.” It was obvious it was a lie, but maybe if she showed how much she didn’t want to be around him he would leave!

Remi, my love <3 . 471 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^
SEONJUNG SILAS KANG
 Posted: Aug 4 2014, 03:01 AM
DEMON

biology
male
22 posts
member no. 65
"my philosophy is things are just as wrong as they seem i believe it's gonna end this way atrocity do you believe in love like I believe in pain?"
remi IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

She didn't look half bad tonight, he surmised after giving her a proper once over. At least in comparison with many of the other students. Her green dress almost seemed to glimmer under the soft lighting and if he had let himself, he would have been able to see Phoena lying in a grassy meadow somewhere, a bright sky overhead. However, Silas was thankfully not any type of romantic and the thought barely crossed his mind before he stomped it out. The dress was a good fit for her, that was all. It brought out all the innocence of nature within her, glamorizing her species somehow.

He must have seemed a stark contrast then, in his dark attire, his dark being even. And yet that was what elated him the most about the moment. This girl was so pure - Silas had killed and tortured a countless number of people throughout his life, but this girl, this girl had probably never harmed a fly. Literally. But Silas had all the power to absolutely destroy her world. He could have her wrapped around his finger in an instant, lure her into his darkness so carefully she wouldn't even know she was changing until after he had pulled her in too deep. She could be dependent on him, as so many others had been before her, and it would be beautiful to watch her be ruined. The look of absolute betrayal upon her face after she realized what he had done would be priceless. It always was. After all, Silas was the best at tearing people apart.

“I worked really hard to look like this, so I will take your insult as a compliment!” she cried out at him, pulling Silas away from his fantasy. Phoena turned away from him with a pout - her nervous insecurities were delectable. “Now, if you don’t mind I am waiting on someone.”

He raised an eyebrow, half amused by her rejection of him - what a change from the girl he'd met before who seemingly refused to stop chasing after him at any chance she got. "If you worked so hard you ought not to wait for someone clearly unappreciative," he said, holding out his hand for her. He glanced around even though he knew no one was coming for her, inadvertently caught the girl from before staring hard at the scene (would she never go away?), and turned back to Phoena. "I know you would rather be dancing."

kati my baby
wee i'm giving you love in china
made by jazmine at caution 2.0
sudden silence, sudden heat

PM •
^
PHOENA MEI KANE
 Posted: Aug 11 2014, 03:49 PM
LIGHT ELF

Biology major
female
136 posts
member no. 64
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Silas obviously couldn’t take a hint when a girl wanted him to leave. It may have been a change from their normal behaviors towards each other, but Phoena was slowly learning who to and to not trust. It was usually Phoena following Silas and asking him questions only for him to turn around and push all her boundaries. But tonight it was Silas’ turn to come up to her and bother her. The only difference was that Phoena wasn’t going to put up with it tonight. She had looked forward to this night ever since the school announced that it was going to happen. She spent weeks prepping for the night and even though it was uneventful so far she still didn’t want it ruined by Silas. He would probably make her dance, make some rude comment to her and then disappear. He was really good at that.

Phoena turned her gaze from her mad position to look over the guy. He was dressed in all dark colors, a contrast to the dress that Phoena was wearing, but it suited him. Phoena didn’t know a lot about him except that his species was a demon, so wearing a lot of black fit the color of his soul. But the color did look nice on him. Even if Phoena didn’t want to be around him she couldn’t deny that he didn’t look really good in that color. Then again he knew when he looked good, so he looked good most of the time.

’If you worked so hard you ought not to wait for someone clearly unappreciative,’ Phoena had to resist the urge to roll her eyes at him. He acted like he knew Phoena’s life and that he knew she wouldn’t have any friends at the dance. She could have very well known one person at the event, and he wouldn’t have any idea. Well, she actually didn’t have a friends there tonight but how would he know? Phoena’s foot began to nervously tap on the floor. ’I know you would rather be dancing’ He was right she wanted to dance, but not with him. She might have chosen to dance alone if it wouldn’t make her feel embarrassed. Phoena turned her blue eyes to look up at Silas’ eyes, they were dark and scary as usual and only made her want to not trust him. But she wanted to dance so bad, she had come here tonight wanting to dance, and Silas might be her only opportunity. ”Fine,” Phoena said in a voice that sounded bothered by having to dance with him. Phoena stood up from her chair instead of taking his hand, while keeping her arms crossed over her chest. ”I will dance with you only because my friends are not here yet.” Phoena stood in her place and waited for Silas to guide her to the dance floor.

Remi, my love <3 . 481 . OUTFIT . BY PUSHING DAISIES.

PM •
^

TOPIC OPTIONS
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

affiliates

skinned by mia for dance in the dark only!