there is currently a shifter and angel ban!

ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

you shine brighter (OPEN)
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: May 15 2014, 12:45 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

it had been an incredibly long first week at belgrade, as any start of semester weeks usually were. introduction after introduction had taken over lillian's life for the past five days, and her head was a blur of names, faces and information that had been thrust at her. as it was her second year, she knew the routines and rules of belgrade fairly well, but there were plenty of other people who had never been here before, and were overwhelmed by the entire place. that led the university to try and give as much information as possible concerning life at the university during the first week, and for 'veterans' like lily, it was a pointless and boring week. the only interesting thing about this week were the people lily had met.

for someone as chatty and sociable as lily, she had endured the hectic week purely for the new people she had met. it had only been five days, but lily was sure she had talked and met at least twenty or so people who she'd happily carry on speaking to for the reminder of their time here. she adored meeting new people, so this week had been a mixture of boredom and fascination for her. however, despite her love of meeting new people, she had yet to meet the people she would be living her with. due to the busy nature of the first week, she had been out of the flat not long after sunrise, and wasn't back until late afternoon. by the time she was back in the flat, she would collapse in her room and nap straight away. the only sign that there were other people here was the occasional sounds of doors opening and closing.

so tonight, even though she was exhausted after such a long week and the after-effects of the recent full moon, she was determined to introduce herself properly. she would be living with these students for the rest of the academic year, and if possible she wanted to be good friends with them. she was hoping there wouldn't be any conflict due to species, but more than likely there would be arguments over personality conflicts rather than supernatural differences. either way, lily hoped they could avoid that. she wanted a fun year with people she could call her good friends. that could only be achieved if they actually met each other first.

humming, lily entered the flat and headed straight for their kitchen. dumping her bag on the table - an audible thump could be heard from the various textbooks she had already collected - she opened the fridge and peered inside. hm, she would definitely need to buy more food in the next few days. shrugging, she pulled out some lettuce, cheese, and turkey, and went about making herself a turkey sandwich. it was warm in the kitchen from the sun heating it up all day, making lily feel slightly sleepy. regardless of how tired she became tonight, she refused to leave the kitchen until she had met at least half of the people she'd be living with this year.

TAG: OPEN | WORD COUNT: 520
PM •
^
JAMES QUENTIN OLIVIER
 Posted: May 27 2014, 06:22 PM
WITCH

Literature major
twenty
Male
51 posts
member no. 50
"Everybody likes to get taken for turns To see how bright the fire inside of us burns And everybody wants to get evil tonight But all good devils masquerade under the light"
Vic IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

James was crossing the campus grumpily. He'd thought that by scheduling his classes as early as possible this year that he'd be getting out of early morning, headache-inducing classes, but oh no! Because day one found him in the advisor's office, being fed some line about how his math grades weren't good enough last year and how he'd have to be switched to another class. Another class that met on Mondays and Wednesdays at eight AM and lasted an hour and a half a piece. It was ridiculous, he thought as he kicked a rock down the sidewalk ahead of him.

He'd tried to tough out the first two classes, but it didn't seem possible. There was something about holding all those evil numbers in your head first thing after waking up... But there was no way to reconcile his schedule this semester without giving up the Introduction to Mythology class he'd been drooling over for a year now. It was more important to start breaking into his major than to be well-rested and happy, after all. Still, he wasn't comforted in the slightest.

His stomach growled as his feet took him on the familiar path to Hemera Hall. He'd stayed there last year, too, and it definitely felt like home. He loved sharing a flat with people and staying up late into the nights, studying or shooting the breeze. Dorm living suited him well, with people coming and going at all hours. The hope of having someone to talk to when he got there was at least encouraging.

The door to Flat One closed behind him and from the kitchen James heard the sound of the refrigerator door closing as well. Knowing it could have been anyone, and having glanced over the contents of the icebox earlier in the day, he called, "Stop what you're doing, roomie!" and rounded the corner. His face lit up when he saw Lillian with a package of sliced turkey at the ready. "Oh, no. You definitely don't want to touch that. I was thinking Thai for dinner if you're interested?"

Lillian, he knew, shared a major with him and they had been in a few classes together before. A brighter ray of sunshine, James could not have asked for, especially needing it after the discussion he'd just had with his advisor. Hopefully, saving her from the turkey from the deep would be good repayment for a bit of cheering.

[OOC: I wasn't sure if we'd decided that they were friends last year or not, so this is editable to the max!]
PM • WEBSITE
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 07:13 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

Lily did already know one of her flatmates, someone she had already lived with the year previously. Not only that, but this flatmate was also doing the same major as her. Finding out that she would be living with James again had been a relief, mainly due to the fact that there was one person she could hang out with until she got to know the remaining flatmates. That was the thing that Lily was finding so difficult about this year - she hated the awkward beginning, where no one really knew each other, and small talk was the only way anyone could speak to each other. At least this year there was one person she could act like herself around, without the pointless conversation, and that was James.

So engrossed in her sandwich making, Lily heard the door of the flat open and close, but paid no attention. Right now she was too focused on the food in front of her and how long it would take until it could be in her stomach. After the day she'd had, the last thing she was concerned about was background noise. However, the resulting shout that followed made Lily pause, and look up from what she was doing. A huge grin spread across her face as she recognised the voice, and looked over at the door as James walked in. Lily watched as his face registered the turkey she was holding, and the reaction made her grin even more. It was nice to see a friendly face at the end of this incredibly long day. Even though they were doing the same major, which meant they were in the same lectures, Lily hadn't seen him all day. She assumed that was down to the sheer amount of people that actually turned up to the first week of the semester. Once it reached a month, more and more people would start to choose sleep over morning lectures.

"Thai?" Lily exclaimed, "James, you do know how to cheer a girl up." Screw hanging around to meet other flatmates tonight, she was more than happy to ditch them all to spend time with James. Hell, they'd be other less exhausting nights where she could attempt to introduce herself. Only an idiot would turn down a takeaway after the tiring week she had just endured. Moreover, it was a Friday, and no self-respecting person would turn down a takeaway on a Friday night! At least, that was what Lily told herself. She glanced down at the makings of her sandwich with a pout, "Such a waste," she sighed, gathering the food in her arms and kicking open the fridge with her foot. Dumping the items on a shelf, she turned back around to face James with another grin on her face.

"So, I'm assuming you've had an awful week to start the semester with?" she asked with a knowing smile, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge and finally shutting the door. Collapsing into a chair, she kicked one out for James and patted the table. "Do come tell, I'm holding onto the hope that you've had a shitter week than me."

ooc; i'm going to go with they already know each other, makes things more fun (:

TAG: JAMES | WORD COUNT: 528
PM •
^
JAMES QUENTIN OLIVIER
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 03:37 PM
WITCH

Literature major
twenty
Male
51 posts
member no. 50
"Everybody likes to get taken for turns To see how bright the fire inside of us burns And everybody wants to get evil tonight But all good devils masquerade under the light"
Vic IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

“It’s not impossible. This week was pretty bad,” James said with a sigh as he sank into the proffered seat at the table. He pulled his cell phone from his pocket and pulled the online order form for the nearest restaurant up in the browser. It was already bookmarked from similar nights last year; the Freshman Fifteen was no myth and if James knew anything, it was myths. At Lily’s prompting, James launched into the epic tale of his battle against the University. He tried to hold back as much detail about how terrible all the waiting in those horrible plastic chairs had been since he wasn’t sure how much of that mental image might escape into his friend’s brain.

As he spoke, James poked through the menu and picked out a few shareable items. Perhaps someone else might come home with a similar story and need a good, hot meal themselves. It was always a good idea to be prepared for any eventuality, right? ”So basically I get to wake up and be tortured all morning for an entire semester,” he concluded with a wry smile. ”Could be worse, I guess. I don’t know how, but surely is could be.”He slid his phone across the table for Lily to approve the order. “My treat tonight. The summer has been good to me. I got a bit more than usual in case someone else turns up hungry. Have you met anyone else living here yet?” For his part, James had seen a few people around, but everyone was so busy for the first full week of classes that socializing became less of a priority. ”What fresh hell have you been put through?”

[ooc: short post! short post! I skipped through all the explain dialogue for brevity’s sake and it turned out a bit shorter than I thought. Oops!]
PM • WEBSITE
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 06:16 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

Lily lived for takeaways. She tried to eat as healthy as she could, but no one could deny that a takeaway at the weekend was the way forward. No matter how much it cost her over the years, Lily would always try to order one takeaway a weekend. It was a strange therapeutic activity for her: a stressful week could always be forgotten with some fried food and cold leftovers the following morning. It was a surprise that Lily wasn't obese and suffering from a heart condition. Hell, the fact she turned into a werewolf every full moon and ran around all night probably contributed to her slender frame and lack of fat in the more obvious places. At least, that was what she told herself.

"The first few weeks are always bad," she sighed, glancing down at the phone James pulled from his pocket. Another smile graced her face as she saw the familiar restaurant fill the screen, one that was the closest to the university. Getting comfy, she took regular sips from her water and listened as James recounted his first week back. "I have to admit, that sounds quite horrific," she replied dryly, raising an eyebrow at the man in front of her. "I didn't think you could be intimidated so easily by a simple university," she added with a small laugh. She was one to talk - some weeks she felt like the university was too much for her to deal with, and an overwhelming place to be. Lily's very first week at the university had been an exciting one, but she had also felt like she was out of her depth, and it took her a while to settle fully.

"Mornings?" Lily made an 'ew' face at James, not realising that the entire semester would be like it, "Damnit really?! I was hoping to sleep in most days." That was bad news for Lily, and also a sign that she should have been paying more attention during the last week. She'd somehow managed to miss the fact that the rest of the semester would be full of several early mornings, and a general rule was that early mornings did not mix well with Lily. It made her grumpy and turned her from a usual bubbly person into someone that would struggle to lift the frown from her face. The phone appeared on the table in front of her, distracting her from her dismay over the early mornings, and nodded her approval. "You're paying? James, you definitely know how to brighten my mood. What the hell were you doing this summer?" she asked curiously. Lily had earned her fair amount over the summer, but it was all going towards her living during the academic year.

At the question of their other flatmates, Lily shook her head, "Nope, I haven't seen a single person yet. I honestly have no idea who is living here with us." It was rather strange to go this long without seeing anyone, but it was a hectic week for everyone at the university, and it wouldn't surprise her if it was a few more days before she saw anyone. With her fingers tracing random patterns on the table, Lily sighed dramatically at James' question, "You have no idea what I've been through this week. Mainly early mornings, too cheery freshman, and pointless information," she answered, resisting the urge to roll her eyes in a drama queen fashion.

ooc; it's fine! sorry for the extra long post, i realllyy got carried away D:

TAG: JAMES | WORD COUNT: 575
PM •
^
JAMES QUENTIN OLIVIER
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 06:40 PM
WITCH

Literature major
twenty
Male
51 posts
member no. 50
Vic IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

“Don’t get me started,” James said flatly, his eyes narrowing. It usually did take a lot to get under his skin, but there was something about switching between waiting in a waiting room and politely arguing that eventually rubbed his last nerve raw. And now he would feast with a friend on food that held little nutritional value until neither felt the pains of the last week anymore. He could start eating healthy tomorrow. Or, you know, Monday. It was the weekend after all.

He poked the screen of his phone a few more times to confirm the order before returning it to his pocket with an air of finality. “Twenty minutes to touchdown,” he said. “And yep, it looks like we’ll have to start setting a timer on the coffee pot if we want to be alert at all. No more of that running to the coffee shop of a latte and a scone anymore.” The coming semester probably wouldn’t be the easiest of his college experience, at least academically. He hadn’t counted on the support of a familiar roommate to suffer with, but it was certainly heartening. “I’m glad we’re stuck together again,” he said, letting a genuine grin cross his face for what felt like the first time all week, “Misery loves company, right?”

And Lily’s week didn’t sound much better than his, either. ”Early mornings and pointless information sounds like the same stale hell we get at the start of every school year. Better a hell you know, I suppose.” James loved her attitude about the whole situation. Sure, she was likely aggravated enough, but somehow she made it look as if all that tension could just roll off her back. Being a person who carried his anxieties very visibly, he marveled at this ability.

That grin only widened as Lily asked what he’d gotten up to this summer. He’d been dying to find someone to brag to and this was his chance. “You know I play that complicated trading card game that I can’t convince anyone to learn with me?” he asked, trying to keep his excitement contained, “Well, I went to this huge tournament in San Diego and got into some games with some guys who thought they were serious hot shots and thought they could play me for keeps.” He took a breath and thought for a moment. “Like in Grease when the T-birds race for pink slips?” The problem with having obscure interests is that you never knew exactly which parts of your babble needed clarification. Hopefully, this would suffice. “Anyway,” he continued,” waving his hands in front of him as if brushing the air aside, “I won like four decks of cards and sold them off for parts. People think there’s no point in learning these things, but I made somewhere close to five hundred dollars in two days from playing a dumb card game.” Some of it had gone into savings but the rest was a gift to himself for making it through week one.
PM • WEBSITE
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jun 15 2014, 12:21 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

Lily hummed happily at the knowledge that the food would be on the table in front of them within twenty minutes. The beauty of fast food - it cost a bit too much, but it was so easy to order and eat. "Definitely not, I wouldn't be able to afford that much coffee if we need the amount I think we're going to need," she pouted slightly. The highlight of university was the easy access she had to grabbing a coffee and some food in between classes. However, with the amount of early mornings she had ahead of her, it made more sense (and it was the cheaper option) of buying those coffee packs that Lily despised. She hated the taste, and always preferred the fresh coffee from the local shop. And with her hatred of early mornings, ruling out coffee was not an option - she would need a morning fix to get her through the day. A smile lit up her face as she agreed with James, "I have to admit, this will make the semester slightly more bearable." Being in classes with James meant that at least she wouldn't die of boredom during the semester. On the other hand, she also knew that he would end up distracting her - or vice versa - and she would easily forget an entire class. "No distracting me, though!" she added as an afterthought, "I do want to pass this year."

Lily had never been one to dwell on the bad things in life. It never made sense to her why people would worry about something that could not be changed, and focus so much on her mistakes. DUe to her slightly depressing upbringing, Lily ensured that she just got on with it, and didn't let anything halt her progress at achieving her goals - even if she wasn't entirely sure what her ultimate goal was. Right now, her only goal was to graduate university, and she refused to let anything stand in her way of achieving that. No matter what happened over the next few years, she would graduate, and be proud of herself for it. "Same crap, different day," she agreed, "It's easy though so not a problem. I just wish they could make everything a little bit exciting."

She listened with interest to James' story, and was impressed with what she heard. "That is a hell of a way to make some money," she replied in an impressed tone, "I bloody wish I could do that!" The Grease reference made her smile brightly, making a note to watch that film again - it had been a while. "I think you've convinced me to learn now," she laughed, feeling slightly guilty. She was one of those that had refused to learn: at the time it seemed too complicated, and she wasn't one for card games. Now, however, it seemed to be worth the time. "If you can teach me, I'm pretty rubbish at that stuff," she added. Her soft humming started up again as she shifted, crossing her legs underneath her on the chair. Glancing around, she spun the water bottle cap on the table, aware of her stomach's protesting sounds - she was definitely hungry. "So apart from winning a stupid amount of money, did you do anything else this summer? Because all I did was attempt a tan and failed."

TAG: JAMES | WORD COUNT: 564
PM •
^
JAMES QUENTIN OLIVIER
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 07:08 PM
WITCH

Literature major
twenty
Male
51 posts
member no. 50
Vic IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

James planned on distracting Lily as much as humanly possible this year, but he waved a hand through the air dismissively. “Right, right,” he said, “no movie marathons or late nights discussing comparative literature. Gotcha.” The words were caked in as much sarcasm as he could muster –which was no small amount- and were accompanied by the traditional “OK” hand sign. Considering last year, he felt that the distraction was inevitable. It was a by-product of talking literature with Lily, but definitely the best one. They could start the night discussing their most recent assignment and the direction they were taking their papers in and the next thing James would know it was two in the morning and they were arguing over which Hogwarts houses the Greek gods would be in. It was the kind of nerd-fueled high you didn’t have to smoke or whatever for and he loved it. And, surprisingly, some of those off the wall discussions hadn’t been pure nonsense after all. Weren’t the goddesses easier to tell apart once you knew what color tie they’d be wearing?

“Don’t worry too much about your grades. I know you and you know you and we both know you’re more than capable of conquering this semester: coffee shortage or not.” At least, he knew how goal-oriented Lily was. It was almost scary the things that girl could achieve when she worked for it. James was a little jealous. Sometimes she made it look so easy. He pulled a twenty-sided die from his pocket and started spinning it on the table to match Lily’s motions. It was an unconscious action, but when he did notice, James didn’t bother putting it back. In fact, he added a little push to the spin and let it whirl across the tabletop at bump Lily’s bottle cap.

At her mention of learning the game, James’ ears perked. It was common knowledge to all that had more than a few moment’s conversation with James that he wanted nothing more than to infect as many people with his nerd virus who would go willingly. Or, in one extreme instance, reluctantly. As one of the people James knew best, Lily was a major target. He knew she could get into the storytelling aspect of roleplaying games, as a fellow lit major, but had never really figured she’d go for the card games. His eyes narrowed slightly. “I’m not entirely sure I believe you, but whenever you’ve got the time, you know where to find me. And I don’t want any more of that humble BS. You’d be an excellent player.” Between her own smarts and some clever tutelage, it was definitely true. Sure, there was some strategy behind these games, but it was nothing that couldn’t be learned in time.

James frowned at her last question. In truth, he’d spent the entire rest of his summer locked indoors, trying to figure what he was doing wrong with his potions. The witchy business of home and his personal life, he usually liked to keep out of casual conversation. Not everyone cared too much for witches and he knew that everyone else knew that girls had an easier time of the whole thing. So if someone was going to get flak for being able to manipulate magic, he figured it would likely be someone as unassuming and male as he was. They might not say it, but James also knew that a lot of that dislike was also misplaced fear. “Oh, not much,” he replied, fixing his face to resemble a more chipper version of himself, “I recently switched to audiobooks instead of reading the analog way. That’s been pretty interesting. My parents like to tell me that I’m being lazy, but I think it’s easier to make deep connections when you’re hearing the text.” It was clearly blabber to cover up the uncomfortable patch he was feeling and he hoped Lily didn’t notice. “It took me like three days to make it through The Shining, but it’s the easiest way to tackle King if you ask me.” He wished the food would get there sooner, so he could fill his mouth noodles instead of vocabulous vomit. “How about you? Gotten anything off your to-read shelf?”
PM • WEBSITE
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jun 30 2014, 03:02 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

Lily's eyes narrowed in suspicion as James just accepted her demand of not distracting her, and she knew instantly he was lying. There was no way in hell they could get through a class without trying to make each other laugh or get into trouble. It was a task that Lily enjoyed immensely, but James was just that little bit better than she was at winding her up and making her laugh loudly, attracting unwanted attention from a teacher she was pretending to be listening too. "Hey, I didn't say movie marathons or attempts at intellectual debates were off the table, just not during class!" She knew her efforts were futile. If James wanted to annoy her and distract her, he was going to do it regardless of what Lily said. Besides, Lily wouldn't give up their crazy discussions for anything, even if they did continue them during class. The conversations they had would stop off normal, a serious discussion about a certain piece of literature concerning an assignment, but within an hour or so they would disintegrate into some weird crossover conversation that would make no sense to an outsider. They were the best kind of conversations.

"I might be able to 'conquer' the semester," Lily started, air quoting the word conquer with a cheeky grin at James, "But I do want to remember where I am at all times of the day." During the full moon, she would not remember a single thing from her night as a werewolf, and that made her wary of forgetting things when she was her normal self. It was a strange psychological issue, and Lily was aware of that, but she preferred to remember every single moment of her day the best she could: having one night a month wiped from her memory was more than enough for her, thank you very much. "Just because you can survive mornings, doesn't mean we all can," she added, her grin still clear on her face. Lily would never be a morning person, she enjoyed her sleep far too much for that. The tap of the die against her own bottle cap distracted her and she flicked it back to him: "Don't interrupt my fun," she commented, aiming and flicking her bottle cap directly at James' hand.

Lily wasn't fond of card related games, even if she did love any other game you could think of. Board games, video games, roleplaying games: you name it, she would try it and probably love it. Card games, on the other hand, she had never adapted to, and she always found them hard. The only card game she enjoyed was snap, and that wasn't a card game really. "I promise, the day I'm so bored I can't find anything to occupy myself with, I'll find you so you can teach me," she teased, but there was a slight truth to her words. He'd impressed her enough with his antics over the summer that she would actually consider learning the game if she was in the mood. "Um, I'm definitely not being humble," she answered with a raised eyebrow, "You think too much of me! Cards are your forte, not mine. Too many numbers for my taste," she grumbled, pouting a little bit. As far as she was concerned, card games equaled numbers and counting, and numbers equaled maths, and maths was something she avoided at all costs. She hated anything to do with numbers, which explained her huge love for literature and reading. Analysing eighteenth century novels without a second though? Easy. Adding basic numbers to figure out her rent? An impossible task.

Lily instantly picked up on his frown, and his near perfect attempt at glossing over his dislike of her question to look like his normal self. She had to stop herself from asking him what the problem was - she was too nosy at times, and she needed to learn that not everyone wanted to tell her their problems. Obviously his summer had not been as fantastic as he'd first made it out to be. "Audio books, really? I'm judging you right now, really judging you," she spoke seriously, making sure her face looked void of all emotion. She could only keep it up for a few seconds before her trademark smile made its way back onto her face. "Your parents are right, you're being lazy. And don't bad mouth King, you should be reading his master pieces," she mock frowned at him. Humming unconsciously under her breath again, she leaned her elbows on the table and propped her head up on her hands. "Honestly? No. I've been a real awful lit student this summer, I've barely touched any books. I ended up working and getting into the awful world of TV."

TAG: JAMES | WORD COUNT: 793
PM •
^
JAMES QUENTIN OLIVIER
 Posted: Jul 7 2014, 01:43 PM
WITCH

Literature major
twenty
Male
51 posts
member no. 50
Vic IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

James fidgeted a little. He’d pretty much forgotten about Lily’s…condition? He definitely wasn’t up to snuff on his social graces and couldn’t believe he’d written off her heavy course load and completely forgotten that for at least one night of each month, she’d be more than unable to plow through homework. “I’m sorry,” he said apologetically. He let the words dangle in the air, not applying them to one thing or another. It was a catch –all apology. For being a grade A douche and for ‘interrupting her fun’. He deflected the bottle cap lazily with a nimble hand. Practicing magic kept the fingers and reaction times of the practitioner pretty quick. Wanting to move on from the uncomfortable subject he found himself dwelling on, James steamed on ahead. Clearing his throat, he said, “As far as card games go, you’ll be just fine. They even make apps now to keep track of your life and whatever!” He could have blabbered on about his hobbies all night and he was sure Lily knew it. “Sorry again. I’m just gonna shut up before I talk both our faces off.”

He looked at the clock. Just a few more minutes till dinner, thank the gods. His stomach growled angrily and now Lily was getting on his case about the audio books, too. “Judge me all you want,” he said, “But you just wait until your hands and eyes are tied up and you want to hear your favorite books read to you. I’m telling you, this is the future!” James really didn’t understand the purist view on literature. As if the only way to indulge in a fantasy world was by reading ink on paper? True, he never really liked the eReaders everyone seemed to carry those days, but reading aloud was truly an art form! It was like… listening to a really intense DnD campaign without having to take part in the battles. That, and it was 1000 times easier to conjure up a mental image when you don’t also see the words. “Also,” he said defensively, “No one’s bashing King! His books are just long. Really really good, but also terribly long. I mean, you don’t think I’m sitting down with paperback George RR Martin, do you? They got an awesome actor to read A Song of Ice and Fire!”

Lily’s faked frown –it was fairly obvious- slipped away and she hummed to herself. James hoped it was a happy hum, but he couldn’t be all that sure. “Working, huh? What kind of job did you score?” As much as she denied being humble, James was severely impressed. Between school and work and wolfing out every now and again (James kicked himself for the phrasing) it was going to be a wonder how she’d survive the semester. He made up his mind then and there to help her out as much as he could. Freaks and Lit major have to stick together, right? “TV isn’t so awful,” he added as an afterthought, “I haven’t had much a chance to catch up on it, though. See anything new and interesting or were you melting brain cells with reality shows? Because I will judge you just as hard, Missy!”
PM • WEBSITE
^
LILLIAN AIMEE MOORE
 Posted: Jul 31 2014, 12:57 PM
WEREWOLF

ENGLISH LITERATURE
TWENTY
FEMALE
106 posts
member no. 2
Mia IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

lillian aimee moore

The apology that James uttered caught Lily off guard, and she looked at him blankly. "What?" she stated bluntly, taking a few seconds to realise what he was apologising for. A single eyebrow raised in surprise as she considered what James had said sorry for, and despite analysing it to death, she couldn't comprehend why he had taken it upon himself to apologise. "I think I know what you're apologising for," she started slowly, "But you shouldn't be, don't be an idiot," she ended her sentence with another smile, hoping that James wouldn't be offended at her near dismissal of his apology. She had never understood why people apologised for things that were out of their control, or not their fault at all, even if she also did the exact same thing in situations. That was one social interaction Lily had never cared much for: the need to say sorry for something that you could not control or had no need to apologise for. It had never made much sense to her. As James changed the subject to focus on card games once more, Lily brightened at the mention of apps. "I do love apps," she spoke with a pondering thought, "This is really devious of you, winning me over to play your games using apps!" His mention of talking too much caused Lily to roll her eyes, sighing, "James, I talk more than both of us combined, you know that."

Lily laughed as James went on the defensive concerning audio books, rolling her eyes once more at his words. "And what the hell would my hands and eyes be doing? If I wanted to read, my hands and eyes would be free," she laughed, "So I'm judging you!" He did have a point, she admitted reluctantly to herself, but she would never tell him that. There were times when Lily had wanted to read, but also wished to tidy her room, or organise something, or even eat, and holding a book made all those things impossible. Listening to an audio book meant she could eat dinner at the same time, and that was something that appealed to her. However, she was too stubborn to admit this, and so she would continue to make her own life increasingly difficult rather than admit she was wrong. James' following words concerning Game of Thrones caused Lily to gasp out loud, glaring long and hard at her friend. "I don't like you anymore," she stated, "You cannot ruin A Song of Ice and Fire with an audio book! Those books deserve to be read," she resisted a pout, instead folding her arms and continuing to glare at the man sitting opposite her. "I cannot believe you just said that," she muttered with a frown.

She shrugged at his question of a job, "I ended up being a waitress for the summer, only job I could get." It was awful pay, and some of the customers needed to learn the meaning of personal space, but that was outweighed by some of the tips she received, especially from the more drunk and richer customers. Unlike a lot of her friends, Lily didn't have a trust friend or parent's money to fall back on. That didn't bother her at all, and she wasn't bitter at anyone for it, but it did cause her less sleep than she'd like having to work so hard just to ensure she could pay her way through her studies and day to day living. By the end of the academic year, Lily was generally exhausted, and the only reason she wasn't as tired during the holidays was because she was only working, not working and trying to attend classes at the same time. On the plus side, she often ended up working more than what she needed, so she was beginning to put aside money and save up ... for what, she had no idea yet. James' mention of reality shows caused Lily to blush slightly - a rare occurrence - and she turned her head away, muttering "I may have watched a bit of the Kardashians." That was her one guilty pleasure, and she knew it. "I did watch a lot of Supernatural, Doctor Who and Game of Thrones as well!" she added, trying to defend herself.

TAG: JAMES | WORD COUNT: 714
PM •
^

TOPIC OPTIONS
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

affiliates

skinned by mia for dance in the dark only!