there is currently a shifter and angel ban!

ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

Time for a Hunt, Tessa!
AMBER SAVANNAH J. JACKSON
 Posted: Jun 28 2014, 06:48 AM
SHIFTER

Wildlife Zoology
Female
114 posts
member no. 81
"Here I am, this is me,/There's nowhere else on Earth I'd rather be,/Here I am, it's just me and you,/Tonight we make our dreams come true,/"
Aceshot IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

For the first time in a long time, Amber had managed to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the university. Lily had finally given her the ok to leave, after the older girl had dragged her all over town. Now as close as Lily and Amber had gotten close, Amber was still wary. She worried that her brothers would decide to up and leave again, which scared Amber because she actually liked this place. They had a chance at a normal life. Amber was sitting inside their small home, staying there for the weekend, when she decided it would be an excellent idea to work on her shifting. She had long since gotten it under control, with a few minor hiccups every so often. She smiled as she headed for the large forest. She was warned that creatures roamed in those woods, but Amber didn't mind. Her eager stride guided her as she quickly made her way into the large wooded area. As soon as she hit the tree line, Amber took off at a dead run. The quick and agile young girl weaved in a out of trees, a wide grin spreading her face.

Amber slowed as she neared a clearing, panting gently before she grinned again. She stood for a moment, her mind going blank as she waited for her shift to take place. It seemed to take no time at all before Amber felt the familiar cracking of bones and the shrinking. When she opened her eyes, Amber blinked. It had been far too long since she had been in her shifted form. With a single bounce, the now light brown fossa hopped through the tall grass before skittering up a tree with practiced ease. Fossas were natural climbers, often hunting lemurs for food, but due to the lack of lemurs, Amber normally went after things like birds, rats, even rabbits. She was an ambush predator, always waiting.

Amber clambered up, settling on a branch, her dark brown eyes scanning the area around her. Her ears twitched, flickering as she sat on a branch. The flash of something white, caused an immediate reaction. A quite large ruby throated robin chirped as it landed on a tree branch, some yards away. Amber's fossa mouth curled up as if to grin as she began to stalk closer. Her long large body resembled a small cougar as she snuck along the branches. She finally got within distance, eyes focused on the large bird before she pounced. Her body hung in the air for a moment before her jaw snapped around the bird.

The robin screamed in pain, glaring at his attacker, before his life was ended quickly with one quick snap of his neck. Amber smirked gently as she picked up the carcass and began to slowly making her way down. Unfortunately, with Amber in control, something was bound to happen. Amber cursed gently, growling as she managed to lose her kill. The bird dropped like a stone, hitting the dirt with a large thud. Amber continued her climb down, before her large ears picked up on something moving towards her. Something big... Amber moved swiftly to a branch, watching closely as someone drew closer and closer..... or something...

--------------------
PM •
^
TESSA LEONA KEANE
 Posted: Jun 28 2014, 08:56 PM
SHIFTER

Pre Law
Female
71 posts
member no. 74
"N/A"
Ara IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Amber wasn’t the only one who was hunting in the forest, Lion-Tess had been feeling particularly hungry all day though she did not know the reason for it. Her lioness side was a bit thin considering the human aspect of Tessa didn’t like killing animals, particularly because she didn’t want prey-shifter types to fear her.

The hunt was the fun part though. Like any feline, Tessa enjoyed playing with prey. Generally this particular lioness attempted to curve that sort of behavior towards her sensual aspects and rendezvous, but sometimes she just needed the rush. Sometimes it was just intense instinct. Sometimes she just wanted to be a lioness and leave the human-esque side to deal with all of the bull.

Now was one of those times. While it wasn’t exactly Africa or a jungle-like environment, Tessa found that some animals were fairly equivalent to the types that her lioness enjoyed snacking on. Deer for example seemed fairly common in most places. She’d grown up on such meat. Tessa was a big animal so she always made sure that if she needed to hunt than she’d at least pick an animal who might be able to escape and she wanted it big, to fatten up her lioness, without multiple kills. Although occasionally she’d chase a rabbit for the skill test.

Today though, was a day for big game. A wild hog or a deer at the very least, though she’d really prefer something much bigger like a bison or buffalo. She wanted a real big feast. Wanted to actually fill herself up for once while no judging eyes weren’t around. She scoffed internally that she still had issues with eating great big amounts in front of others because of those damn humans she used to know. She had gotten a bit better, but considering the amount of pounds a lioness was supposed to eat daily to remain good health, she didn’t match it. Thanks to issues about eating in front of others and her general upset about eating animals, this carnivore was practically starving. But hopefully with this one hunt that would no longer be a problem. Though it was moments like these that Tessa somewhat envied herbivores.

Ah but now was not the time for fruits or veggies. Tessa smelled meat. And it seemed as if she was in luck. She practically purred as she followed the trail. And there in a clearing was the most delicious looking piece of bison that she’d seen in a while. The heavens must have been smiling down at her!

The lioness wanted to hide and then pounce, but Tessa was not about to do that. She began to walk confidently towards the meat, which had frozen in place as most prey does when faced with a lion. Of course Tessa hadn’t even roared. Actually she preferred a good chase so she stalked slowly over to it, waiting for it to run and run it did. That’s when Tessa let out a loud, enthusiastic roar of appreciation.

And the hunt began. She practically frolicked behind it, bounding and enjoying the chase as she was meant to. Her human side did feel bad for the poor creature. But at least it was big and would prevent her from killing many other smaller things. Considering her ancestry, she certainly would take some time to thank it for its sacrifice. The chase was on and Tessa was enjoying it. Even though she had no wings, sometimes Tessa felt like she was flying. But her favorite part was the end of running. The powerful feeling her body got when she jumped up and bit down on the kill for the first time.

Most lionesses actually hunted in packs, but most lionesses weren’t shifters. Tessa knew how to take down a kill on her own and the human side of her put the animal down quickly after the animal side got to it.

And so Tessa reveled in bloodlust as she bit down on the large creature. It flailed wildly attempting to escape, but it was too late. Tessa had taken it down. Tessa held the lower half of the creature down as she walked on top of him to get to his neck. She opened her mouth and bit his neck sucking up the blood there like one might drink a soda. It was delicious, but more importantly the bison’s soul was now gone. She was free to enjoy quite a big feast.

But Lion-Tess did not like the idea of eating out there in the open field where any other kind of predator could see or smell her prey. Hell with all this blood around she couldn’t be too sure she wouldn’t get even werewolves or vampires who were trying to stay off the humans. With these thoughts Tessa found a spot she hadn’t torn through on the back of his neck and began to drag him across the ground, to a place where she could dine in peace.

After some time of dragging, Tessa finally found more foliage. She took a while to get deep inside an area with tons of overlarge grass and trees and the like, then set it down satisfied. Then she went back to eating some, practically purring with satisfaction, when suddenly she heard something above her. She froze listening and then paused to look around her, as she did so she saw a bird drop down dead.

Now Tessa had not been alive super long, but she shifted fairly often and if there was one thing she knew it was that birds didn’t often drop dead straight from the sky. She frowned in lioness form as she looked longingly at the food, but figured the bird wasn’t far away enough that she couldn’t still defend her kill if need be and hell if she was being totally truthful, she really did enjoy a fight. Even if meat was at stake.

So Tessa moved over to the bird and sniffed. Clearly it was a fresh kill, but what kind of animal would kill something and just leave it…unless it was afraid of a bigger predator. A predator like a lioness for example. Lion-Tess sat back and looked up into the trees and low and behold there was an exotic looking creature attempting to hide up there.

Tessa had never seen such an animal so she made sure to sniff extra hard and low and behold she had found something more important than a hunted animal. It was a shifter. Tessa’s eyes lit up, even in lioness form. But Tessa didn’t want to scare the little thing and in lioness form, communication was severely limited. So Tessa did what she had to.

She shifted right there. Tessa had shifted so many times that it was fairly seamless. She was quick at it and so she stood before the creature at the tree with a big smile. Although her hair and clothes were wild and bloody, having just coming from a recent kill.

“Hello there little one,” Tessa called to her sweetly, gently so as not to scare her away, “My name is Tessa, I’m a shifter as well, and I never hurt other shifters when I know what they are.”

The lioness shifter smiled at her and crooked her finger to implore the small shifter towards her,

“Fell free to come closer. I see you’ve lost your kill. I can hand it up to you if you want. Otherwise I have a pretty prime bison over there we can share. There is plenty.”

Tessa may not have wanted everyone in the forest after her dinner, but for a fellow shifter she’d certainly share a bit. Besides how much could the little thing eat really.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Marqy
TESSA KEANE - LIONESS
PM •
^
 Posted: Jun 29 2014, 09:13 PM
SHIFTER

Wildlife Zoology
Female
114 posts
member no. 81
"Here I am, this is me,/There's nowhere else on Earth I'd rather be,/Here I am, it's just me and you,/Tonight we make our dreams come true,/"
Aceshot IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Amber's long tail flicked behind her, holding her steady as her amber eyes scanned the area. Her entire being was holding to her spot. Her slender tail was about the same length as her body, which made her form look more like a cat then anything. If not many people were looking that closely, She could easily be taken as a common short haired light brown cat. Catching birds and rodents were fun, but what Amber really wanted to try was hunting Lemurs. After all, it was a fossa's main food source in the wild. Normally, Amber kept herself fed in her fossa form, but because she stopped herself from shifting for a couple days, Amber was fairly thin. Amber allowed her head to tilt so she could see her body. Her ribs had just started to show and she looked much leaner then she normally did. Although hunting was a fun skill for her, Amber never liked to kill animals. She had her moments where she wanted to eat an annoying bird or a pesky mouse, but not in general.

Amber's ears flickered as she heard a loud roar. She blinked in surprise, nearly falling out of the tree. What the hell roared? There weren't any lions around and as Amber racked her brain for some explanation, Amber had to nearly hit herself. 'Supernatural town, Ace! DUH!' Amber chuckled gently as she stayed in the tree. It had to be a lion shifter. How could she tell? Well, considering that there were no lions here-err, scratch that, shouldn't be lions around these parts and she had never heard of a were cat, well maybe she did, but this was getting way too complex! She growled gently at herself before she looked down and noticed she had been so busy thinking, a large lioness was now sitting under the tree, staring up at her. Amber made a un-fossa like squeak of surprise as she crouched lower to the branch, tail whipping widely.

Amber eyes stayed on the lioness, widening slightly as the lioness shifted into a human. The women now standing underneath her was definitely beautiful. Wild dark brown hair framed her face. Her clothes were dirtied and covered in blood, but she didn't seem to mind. Her eyes stared up at Amber, shining with what seemed like interest. Amber nearly fell out of the tree when the women spoke. The fossa blinked as she watched and listened to the women. Amber decided because, they women seemed nice enough, she would move down. Amber moved to the trunk, semi retracted claws helping Amber as she moved down the truck. Amber stopped as she came face to face with the women, watching her for a moment before she moved all the way down. She shifted as soon as her paws hit the soft dirt. Amber shook her head as she stood up. The women was slightly taller then Amber, but more filled out then the young girl.

"Ummm, Hi? Sorry about distracting you from your kill... I was just hunting..." Amber ran a tanned hand through her hair to tame it slightly, a bit of blood at the corner of her mouth. Amber was fairly clean when she ate, always quick and as minimal damage to the caress as possible. "Pleasure to meet you, Tessa... My name is Amber..." Normally, she would introduce herself as Ace, but this was an adult. It was easier to be called Amber by an adult then a friend.

--------------------
PM •
^
TESSA LEONA KEANE
 Posted: Jun 29 2014, 11:18 PM
SHIFTER

Pre Law
Female
71 posts
member no. 74
"N/A"
Ara IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Tessa watched curiously as the little creature grew near. It was a cute, trusting little thing, she noted as it got closer to her. Tessa wasn’t sure if she herself would have trusted a big creature becoming to her like that. Naivety often meant youth so Tessa figured the girl was younger than her by at least a few years. The lioness shifter sniffed and was a bit perplexed not having run into such an exotic creature before. From far away it looked a little like a lion cub, maybe closer to a cougar but it certainly didn’t smell like one. Tessa knew a feline smell, coming from her family how could she not? This creature smelled more like a mongoose. And up close it looked like some kind of cute land otter or overlarge cat-ish weasel. Whatever it was Tessa hadn’t ever seen one before.

Tessa smiled softly as the little creature shifted into a young lady. She was a little self satisfied about being right. The girl was clearly a freshman. The face was familiar so she’d definitely seen her in one of the school files, but Tessa couldn’t remember what animal was listed for the girl. For some reason Tessa wanted to say Fossil, but that couldn’t have been right. The cat was good, but even for a shifter, dead was dead, animal or otherwise.

"Ummm, Hi? Sorry about distracting you from your kill... I was just hunting..." Amber ran a tanned hand through her hair to tame it slightly, a bit of blood at the corner of her mouth. Amber was fairly clean when she ate, always quick and as minimal damage to the caress as possible. "Pleasure to meet you, Tessa... My name is Amber..."

The lioness and Tessa both had things in common, one of which was a very big maternal instinct. So when she saw the blood at the corner of the girls mouth, the lioness reached out and brushed the bit away with her thumb. It was perhaps not appropriate having just met the girl, but she couldn’t help it. Even in human form this Amber was smaller than her and had the unsure nature that only comes from youth. It was like looking at a baby colt trying to stretch its legs for the first time.

“No worries, my kill isn’t going anywhere and it’s a free forest, everyone may hunt what they can.”

Tessa wasn’t sure if the girl preferred birds to bison so she bent down and handed the little one her bird, then crooked her finger to invite the girl back to her own kill. When she got there Tessa lounged against the non-bloodied side of the bison and lounged back against it as if she were still in feline form. She appeared rather ancient Egyptian as she leaned back against her kill like a queen on a throne.

“Do you often hunt alone little one?” she asked as she reached over and took a peace of meat from just on the inside of the throat of the bison, “I’m prone to it myself currently, but one day I will have a full pride to hunt with.”

That’s right, she was already up to promoting The Pride. But that was alright since her intentions were good. She wanted to have something to protect. And so far this little creature seemed like just the thing.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Marqy
TESSA KEANE - LIONESS
PM •
^
 Posted: Jul 10 2014, 12:34 AM
SHIFTER

Wildlife Zoology
Female
114 posts
member no. 81
Aceshot IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Amber was quite an interesting little thing. Normally, She wasn't as trusting, but this women was a shifter. Normally, she trusted no one outside her family, but this women hadn't threatened her or taken her fairly small kill. By the smell of the women and the scent of the blood, it was definitely bison. Although, each of the Jacksons were a different animal, they were still a pack, and like a pack, they hunted together. Amber always had a hard time keeping up with the boys on the ground, that's why the trees became her hunting ground. It took quite a few falls and leaps of faith, but Amber had learned to trust her instincts and go with the flow. As she dropped down into the grass, it was now or never.

Amber blinked in surprise, entire body tensing as the women reached out, brushing the blood away from her mouth. She held still before she moved to run the back of her hand over her mouth. She looked more childish compared to the beautiful woman, known as Tessa in front of her. The young shifter nibbles at her bottom lip gently as Tessa spoke, a small smile playing with Amber's mouth.

Amber immediately took the bird from Tessa, smiling gently at her kill. If Tessa hadn't been around, Amber probably would have begin picking the bird apart, but the lioness was much more interesting then her small kill. Amber looked up, immediately jumping to move after the tall woman. She watched as the woman sat back against her large kill. Amber could never bring down such an animal by herself, so she was resorted to hunting small creatures, like mice, rats, birds, even squirrels and a rabbit, if she's lucky. Amber's stomach immediately growled. Amber loved her meat; bison being one of her favourites. She used to join her brothers on hunts, which they often went after bison, elk, even deer.

Amber nodded as Tessa asked if she hunted alone, often. "Normally, although I hunt with my brothers every so often, when they aren't all busy…" Amber smiled gently, tilting her head at the word,'pride'. The women was looking for a pride? Interesting. Amber knew of prides: Lions were often the ones who created them. Amber considered her brothers and her more of a pack then a pride. Too few of them to be a pride, and none of them were really feline at that…

"Although, I like to hunt with my brothers, I find it easier to hunt on my own… Gives me time to think and allows me to make the kill, instead of my brothers…" Amber smiled gently as she sat down in the grass, near the carass and the lounging Tessa, almost able to touch, but wouldn't, unless allowed.

--------------------
PM •
^
TESSA LEONA KEANE
 Posted: Jul 13 2014, 04:26 PM
SHIFTER

Pre Law
Female
71 posts
member no. 74
"N/A"
Ara IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Amber nodded as Tessa asked if she hunted alone, often. "Normally, although I hunt with my brothers every so often, when they aren't all busy…" Amber smiled gently, tilting her head at the word, 'pride'.

Tessa practically purred at the thought of the cub’s brothers. More shifters, a family of shifters of which this generation consisted of at least three. Tessa was excited by the prospect. As soon as she heard about them she wanted to meet them, but she tried to hold herself back so as not to scare the cub or more importantly, not to have the cub believe she was being used. Tessa wanted all of the siblings involved in the pride if she could manage it, but not at the expense of possibly hurting one in the process. Particularly this little one.

“Ah well then it sounds like you’ve got the best of both worlds.” Tessa said honestly feeling a bit jealous.

She hadn’t seen or spoken to her own brother in quite some time, not having told him where she was going when she left home. After High School, Tessa had simply told her parents that she was going off to get an education, but she refused to tell them where, how, or what. Although they said they’d miss her, her parents hadn’t minded, being part feline in nature. It was usual for cat-types to be independent and go off on their own. But she hadn’t told her brother, because despite being raised to be cat-like, Tiernan was completely overprotective of her.

It hadn’t made much sense to Tessa that he felt that way, particularly because she wasn’t the damsel in distress type herself…well she supposed she did have a phase of being completely traumatized for him to worry about, but in a fight against humans she’d have no trouble taking them down. And he couldn’t have known she was going to a place that would have various darker and strong creatures that she would regularly insult…could he?

Whatever the case he hadn’t found her yet, and although Tessa liked it that way for the badass reputations sake and the independence to do what she wanted, she still missed him sometimes. Especially talking and hunting with him. She wondered what he was doing now.

"Although, I like to hunt with my brothers, I find it easier to hunt on my own… Gives me time to think and allows me to make the kill, instead of my brothers…" Amber smiled gently as she sat down in the grass, near the carcass and the lounging Tessa, almost able to touch, but wouldn't, unless allowed.

Tessa smiled at that. She could understand Amber wanting to do things on her own. Tessa enjoyed killing something huge with her own skill. Even when she hunted with her family in the past she made it into more of a competition than a get together. She enjoyed days when she could get a better kill then her family. And she was one of the better hunters in her group. But Tessa preferred others hunting with her to show off to. She didn’t often have to worry about others killing for her or before her. Although if someone ever did she’d probably have one hell of a tantrum, so perhaps it was better to hunt alone after all.

Tessa would have to ponder that one when she was alone.

“I recommend next time you go hunting with your brothers that you dart in there and kill the beast before they can manage it. Even with larger prey if you bite into its neck, no matter what size you are, it will go down. You can impress your brothers that way and prove to them that you can do the killing too.”

Tessa made a tch noise thinking about the tendencies of men to think they owned the world,

“Unfortunately us females always have to prove ourselves bigger and badder than men to get any respect from them. They think they own the universe just because they’ve got the equivalent of a stick in there underwear. Meanwhile without women they wouldn’t survive.” Tessa commented.

While Tessa found that men could be quite hot and enjoyable, she didn’t accept that females were any less then they were. Genders should have always been on equal footing, different strengths and weaknesses, but in a way that one fits with the other to make something doubly whole.

Tessa looked at the girl who seemed a bit awkward about the carcass.

"Your rather polite little one," Tessa said smiling, "feel free to take some meat or lay back on it, or whatever you'd like. Honestly I don't mind once I've invited someone. I only fight off thieves."

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Marqy
TESSA KEANE - LIONESS
PM •
^
 Posted: Jul 15 2014, 04:09 PM
SHIFTER

Wildlife Zoology
Female
114 posts
member no. 81
Aceshot IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Amber chuckled gently with a shrug,"As much as I love my brothers, I could seriously kill them somedays… See, I'm the youngest of 4 older brothers, so they're always trying to protect me… As much as they try, I'm not exactly the easiest to keep a handle on…" Amber laughed gently with a small grin. Her brothers could drive her crazy somedays. Mostly Luke was the one who got on her nerves; That sly, cocky bastard of a fox shifter was gonna be the death to her at one point. No matter what Amber did, Luke was always there to spoil her fun. She went to a party and ended up leaving because her stupid brother had to intervene. She wasn't a damsel and she certainly wasn't in distress, so why did her brothers always have to take away her fun was beyond the young fossa shifter. Being small, it seemed easier for Amber to sneak away, which wasn't exactly easy, but fun, to say the least. She was small and agile, which her brothers curse her very form when she would sit on the roof and snicker at her brothers as they rush around the house, looking for her, minus Luke, of course. She hadn't done that in a while, as her brothers were often too busy to notice or too involved in their lives to be interested in hers. Which was good, but they always stepped up to be brothers at the wrong times.

Amber laughed gently as Tessa spoke about recommending Amber jump in to kill the beast. "Unfortunately, my form isn't exactly the heaviest, or at least, enough to throw the animal off balance, which makes it hard to go for the throat, unless, you're recommending I take the chance and leap out of the tree and dangle from the animal's neck until it collapses…" Amber spoke, eyes watching the lioness shifter closely. Amber allowed herself to relax slightly, shift closer to the lounging women. Her father was probably looking at her, tsking at her let-down guard, but Amber had a feeling, if the women had wanted to kill her, she wouldn't have shifted back and invited her back to her own kill. Amber chuckled gently as Tessa spoke about men believing themselves to be higher then women. Her brothers [Minus Luke] did not see it in that way. They respected her, but still, they protected her from what they believed was dangerous. Amber had to stop herself from rolling her eyes at her thoughts.

"Minus one of my brothers, the rest aren't like that… They, at least, treat me with respect, although they do try and protect me from what's dangerous, just because I'm the youngest. It's annoying at times, but I've learned to deal with it. Unfortunately, it's not the same with the second oldest…. He constantly believes he's a gift to women… He's a cocky jerk, is what he is…" Amber knew she probably shouldn't have said that, but it was out and nothing she could do about it. Amber pushed back a strand of her blonde hair, biting her lip gently.

She nearly laughed as Tessa spoke about her being a polite little thing. Normally, she was like this around people she didn't know. Her brothers knew how she could be, polite one minute and blunt, the next. Amber nodded with a small smile before she shifted into her form for a moment. She hopped onto the carcass, racing towards the head as her jaws snapped into the large animal. Pulling away tuffs of thick hair, Amber managed to pull out a fairly large piece of meat before dragging it and herself off the carcass. She jumped down with a small thud, before she shifted back, tearing the meat into slightly smaller pieces before she nibbled at the raw meat. Her stomach growled gently as the meat slowly filled her. She was fairly tall for her age, looking to have more leg to her then actual meat on her bones.

"So, what's this pride, if you don't mind me asking? I know that lions have a pride, but I'm guessing you're creating a pride of… shifters, correct?" Amber asked gently as she moved to lean back slightly against the large buffalo. Amber's light blue eyes looked to Tessa as she nibbled on the meat. She noticed her little bird was still beside her. She looked at it for a moment before she snapped her jaw around another piece of buffalo. She would probably pick it apart when she was alone, but right now, her stomach was content with the buffalo meat.

--------------------
PM •
^
TESSA LEONA KEANE
 Posted: Jul 16 2014, 06:16 PM
SHIFTER

Pre Law
Female
71 posts
member no. 74
"N/A"
Ara IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

"As much as I love my brothers, I could seriously kill them somedays… See, I'm the youngest of 4 older brothers, so they're always trying to protect me… As much as they try, I'm not exactly the easiest to keep a handle on…" Amber laughed gently with a small grin.

Tessa smirked at that. Hard to handle was her domain as well. Just ask her brother. Oh wait one couldn’t do that at the moment could they, considering he had no idea where she was and Tessa liked it like that. Three years and she was still free and independent, without ties to home at the moment. And it would stay that way until she graduated hopefully.

“I think I know what you mean. I have a brother whose always making my business his own, which is why he is somewhere far, far away with no idea where I am. Maybe male unnecessary overprotectiveness is a part animal trait after all.”
Tessa mused.

She was glad that the girl had some spunk. It made Tessa want to take the fossa under her wing. Of course the fact that the girl had not 2, but 4 shifter brothers, all who would likely go flocking to where their sister went was a big help. Can you say bonus?

“Make sure to stay that way,” Tessa said referring to the girls statement about not being the easiest to keep a handle on, “when it comes to men, the minute they have a grip on handling a girl, they think they owner her.”

Tessa knew that one from experience. But she was no plaything, men were her cat-toy, not the other way around. She was perfectly content with an equal relationship, she felt, but overall she really did prefer to dominate in such areas of life.

"Unfortunately, my form isn't exactly the heaviest, or at least, enough to throw the animal off balance, which makes it hard to go for the throat, unless, you're recommending I take the chance and leap out of the tree and dangle from the animal's neck until it collapses…"

“Where there is a will there is a way my dear and just imagine your brothers faces if you did.” Tessa didn’t even know what Ambers brothers looked like, but she could sure imagine the horrified faces of males watching their little sister beat them out at something.

Of course it was easy for Tessa to say she’d do such things considering her animal size. She figured that no matter what animal she had gotten, except the green eaters, she would probably find a way to kill prey animals. Quite often Tessa preferred skill and strategy to plain brute force anyway.

"Minus one of my brothers, the rest aren't like that… They, at least, treat me with respect, although they do try and protect me from what's dangerous, just because I'm the youngest. It's annoying at times, but I've learned to deal with it. Unfortunately, it's not the same with the second oldest…. He constantly believes he's a gift to women… He's a cocky jerk, is what he is…" Amber knew she probably shouldn't have said that, but it was out and nothing she could do about it. Amber pushed back a strand of her blonde hair, biting her lip gently.

Tessa laughed at the cute face that Amber had made after such a statement. Really though there was nothing for the girl to be embarrassed about. Tessa was quite blunt and forthcoming about people generally, unless they were benefactors of some sort or she had to play nice because she needed something. She certainly wasn’t going to be the judge of this cub,

“I think I know the type. Sadly it sounds as if he has good looks. Often good looks tend to go to peoples head. That’s why I personally like men who were once nerdy or ugly, but who have improved through time. That way they don’t realize how hot and wonderful they really are, and often it helps there personality develop into a more caring and compassionate person. Now those are God’s real gifts to women. Although if your brother ever uses that phrase ‘I’m God’s gift to women’ ask him for the receipt and watch his mouth drop.”

Tessa stretched her legs out in front of her moving them up and down in an exercise-like fashion, seldom one to be idle for long.

“It is good to hear about your other brothers though, they sound like fun.”

"So, what's this pride, if you don't mind me asking? I know that lions have a pride, but I'm guessing you're creating a pride of… shifters, correct?" Amber asked gently as she moved to lean back slightly against the large buffalo.

Tessa watched the girl take the meat and politely waited until the cub was eating before grabbing her own piece. She tasted it as she listened to Ambers question, although at it, quite suddenly her eyes began to sparkle. The cub had actually asked her! Instead of her having to figure a way to lead into and explain it herself, as she often had to do, this girl had given her a way to do it without coming off as pushy. Tessa sat up with a conspiratorial smile before launching into one of her favorite subjects, as if she were at a slumber party talking about a guy she liked.

“I could never mind a shifter asking about the pride. I’m so glad you asked me that. Indeed, I am hoping to form a shifter pride, a group of all different kind of shifters who can be as close as family. I’m dedicating my whole life to the advancement of our kind. Currently I’m Pre-Law, so one day I will be a lawyer and perhaps even a politician, who will help the goals of supernaturals, with particular emphasis on shifters and hybrids. Then with money I’m currently fundraising and have been for some time, I will buy and create a community for our kind to be together and not have to hide or be separated. I’m very passionate about it and hope to take care of many of our kind.”

Tessa had explained this dream many times, but each time it brought illustrations of a better, brighter future. One where she could be surrounded by beings she trusted. A place to protect and belong, outside of her own family. Perhaps a place to find a mate even, eventually if she ever got the time, and have cubs of her own. A place where her cubs and grand cubs would never have to go through what she did. The forging of a place to call their own.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Marqy
TESSA KEANE - LIONESS
PM •
^
 Posted: Jul 18 2014, 03:31 AM
SHIFTER

Wildlife Zoology
Female
114 posts
member no. 81
Aceshot IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Amber laughed gently with a nod, " Yeah, my brothers hate that I try and be so independent from the group… Then again, they're all older now and each are doing their own thing, so it's not a big deal… We used to move around a lot, so it's nice to be separated from them for a while…" The young girl smiled gently at the older lioness. She was young, but she had experiences in the world, most 18 year olds didn't. She wasn't sure what 18 year old could actually say they knew how she felt, because her life was too crazy for words. Amber smirked gently with a laugh,"Oh, I make sure… They know me well enough to know better… Being brought up by 4 boys kinda helps… That's probably why I don't get along so well with girls, because I never really had a motherly figure growing up…" Amber spoke, hands twisting and fingers intertwining with each other. Her mother was a touchy subject around their family, which made it hard on everyone. Although, she was never close to her mother, something she regrets deeply, Amber wonders what it would have been like had she had a mother. She was sure it would be different but how? Amber gave her head a quick shake, dragging it out of hours of daydreaming, as Tessa spoke again, this time talking about Amber's comment of bringing down an animal.

"I took down a deer at one point and got an earful after that… but the looks were freaking hilarious, may I say so myself…" Amber mused gently with a grin. She remembered the looks of shock and surprise on her brother's faces when she dragged the carcass back to the group. Course, Amber had ambushed the deer, jumping from a high tree and easily landing a snap to the neck before the poor thing even knew what had hit it. She was a daredevil, reckless and bold, but yet, she knew how to be cautious and actually think things through. It just wasn't in her vocabulary most of the times. Amber laughed as Tessa began speaking about knowing Luke's type.

"I'll have to do that; I don't think he ever has used that expression, but that's what he acts like… If you were to meet my jerk of a brother, you would have a hard time believing we're actually related…" Amber gave Tessa a gentle smirk. She knew her brothers would like that Amber's bonding with girls, especially older ones. Her brothers believed it might help her in the long run, and she's spend way too much time around boys and almost none around girls, or very little. Amber nodded with a smile,"Yeah, the rest are great…" She had no complaints about her brothers. They were all hardworking, honest, caring, well-mannered[ish] young men, or so in Amber's mind.

Amber listened, nibbling on the meat, noticing how Tessa seemed to perk up and speak about this pride. It seemed to be something that was extremely close to the lioness. Amber could relate. She was becoming a wildlife zoologist, not only because she was part animal, but her own form, the fossa, is an endangered species, threatened by man. Amber hoped to stop this and hopefully be able to rebuild the declining population. "I like the idea… As a child, I grew up around humans, but I could never really be myself… My parents never minded the humans and I didn't either, but I always wanted to live somewhere, where the supernatural wasn't uncommon… I think it would be a cool idea…" Amber smiled to the older women, nibbling gently as she ate.

"Like I had said before, My brothers and I moved around a lot, but Josh, that's my oldest brother; he had done some research and really liked the feel of this place.. He suggested we try and see if we could live here…" Amber smiled gently at the older lioness before looking down at her hands,"After my parents, I never really had a real home… You know? It seemed more like a house that we moved into… Not really a home…" Her left hand moved to scratch at the back of her neck,"I hope we don't move… To hear that someone wants to make a community like that, sounds like a serious dream come true…"

--------------------
PM •
^
TESSA LEONA KEANE
 Posted: Jul 18 2014, 05:32 PM
SHIFTER

Pre Law
Female
71 posts
member no. 74
"N/A"
Ara IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

" Yeah, my brothers hate that I try and be so independent from the group… Then again, they're all older now and each are doing their own thing, so it's not a big deal… We used to move around a lot, so it's nice to be separated from them for a while…"

“I know exactly what you mean.” Tessa said thinking of her own brother.

Although she missed him it was nice standing on her own two legs, doing what she wanted to do, and not having someone hovering over her like a third parent.

Tessa had always wished that her brother Tiernan would have been at least a bit of a weakling, because if that were the case she totally could have played the role of heroine. Strong, motherly she could have dealt with. But porcelain doll sitting nicely in place? That she could not.

“Brothers are just like that it seems.” Tessa said dazing off for a few minutes as she contemplated her own.

"Oh, I make sure… They know me well enough to know better… Being brought up by 4 boys kinda helps… That's probably why I don't get along so well with girls, because I never really had a motherly figure growing up…"

Tessa could understand not getting along well with other girls. She herself had that problem, but she figured it had less to do with them and more to do with the fact that she wasn’t interested in a physical relationship with them. Guys were easy, she didn’t have to think up topics or compete with them for other guys…usually, and often they wanted exactly what she did. A little sex or conversation with no strings attached, done. Girls didn’t have the first option and never seemed to be content with just convo, so Tessa decided she’d only talk to the ones she had to or who were shifters.

But at the thought of the girl without a mother Tessa’s heart went out to her. Despite her badass nature, Tessa was very maternal. It couldn’t all be the lioness, since frankly she’d heard of a lot of lionesses outright abandoning there children and certainly sending them off rather early to grow up. So it must have been the human-side that made her want to adopt people practically her own age. Still she knew she could at least be older sister like.

Despite the fact that she had just met this girl and would probably freak her out Tessa put her hands on the girls fidgeting ones and looked into her eyes,

“I think you would get along fabulously with girls if you just gave it a chance. You seem like the type that if you could get away from your brothers long enough, would enjoy a sleepover or some female bonding. Female friends provide more than guys can, because guys seldom take emotions into account.”

She gave the girl a warm smile,

“As for not having a mother figure if you really want one I can try the role. I might end up more of a big sister type but I can try to give you advise on things that boys just don’t understand and I can get pretty protective myself. But since I’m a girl, I think I do it in a better way then the testosterone quadruplets would.” She said with a smirk.

As much as Amber seemed to get along with guys, Tessa had a feeling she needed some female friends or acquaintances to understand the good part of being a woman and in case the girl ever felt alienated or needed to talk over feminine problems that big brothers or fathers just couldn’t or wouldn’t take care of. Not to mention, considering her own she had no idea who Amber would go to in order to talk about guys. Tessa knew she herself would not be running to Tiernan or Dad with those kinds of admissions.

"I took down a deer at one point and got an earful after that… but the looks were freaking hilarious, may I say so myself…"

“I think I would have enjoyed seeing those looks myself.” Tessa said amused.

"I'll have to do that; I don't think he ever has used that expression, but that's what he acts like… If you were to meet my jerk of a brother, you would have a hard time believing we're actually related…","Yeah, the rest are great…"

“Sounds like it. Well one day I would like to meet them. Communicating with shifters is my favorite thing in life and it’s a bonus if they are hot male ones.” Tessa teased wiggling her eyebrows.

Tessa did enjoy looking at pretty shifter guys, even when she had no intentions of being with one or anything. Still it was the possibility that was sexy. The thought that in another life she could be with them. Sometimes imagining relationships were better than having them.

"I like the idea… As a child, I grew up around humans, but I could never really be myself… My parents never minded the humans and I didn't either, but I always wanted to live somewhere, where the supernatural wasn't uncommon… I think it would be a cool idea…" Amber smiled to the older women, nibbling gently as she ate.

Tessa understood that completely, hell that experience was the main reason she was building her community in the first place. Her hands clenched as she thought of the savage human beasts. She couldn’t believe they dare call animals beasts when they were even worse.

“I know exactly what you are talking about. When humans found out what I was, who I really was, there were a lot of traumatic incidents for me. That’s why I hate them and there kind. They dare call animals beasts, well if they call animals such then they can only be monsters because they are tons worse. I once thought they were my friends, but once they knew I was just-“ Tessa faltered.

She shouldn’t be saying such things. She couldn’t go back to that weaker side of herself. Soon shifters and supernaturals were going to depend on her to be strong and she couldn’t let past trauma’s get in the way of that. Tessa visably straightened up and cleared her throat.

“Not what I thought I was to them.” She finished strongly, doing her best to regain her composure.

She took a slab of meat and slowly chewed on it. The raw meat helped.

"Like I had said before, My brothers and I moved around a lot, but Josh, that's my oldest brother; he had done some research and really liked the feel of this place.. He suggested we try and see if we could live here…" Amber smiled gently at the older lioness before looking down at her hands,"After my parents, I never really had a real home… You know? It seemed more like a house that we moved into… Not really a home…" Her left hand moved to scratch at the back of her neck,"I hope we don't move… To hear that someone wants to make a community like that, sounds like a serious dream come true…"

Tessa nodded. This was exactly the kind of situation that Tessa wanted to help. She wanted to heal shifters who had been hurt by society or who were missing something in there lives. Amber was exactly the kind of shifter she wanted in the Pride. Someone to protect and to somehow make whole. Tessa would do her best to give Amber, and her brothers if they wanted it, a place to call home. A community where they wouldn’t have to be shamed or harmed for what they were.

Her eyes sparkled as she could see it already. There was so much to do, but it would all be worth it.

“Well perhaps the house you just moved into could be just that or one day when my community is built you can come there, be surrounded by people who want the same thing. A place to call home, a safe haven. A shifter paradise where future generations won’t have to deal with unaccepting humans. That’s what I’m hoping to make and all shifters are invited.” Tessa gushed.

She wished the community was ready now, but she knew it would take years yet. It was a dream she was willing to put everything on the line for and dedicate her whole being to. She just hoped others appreciated it one day and that other shifters and hybrids would one day be happy together in a community that accepted and even celebrated them. She would do anything to see that day.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig by Marqy
TESSA KEANE - LIONESS
PM •
^

TOPIC OPTIONS
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

affiliates

skinned by mia for dance in the dark only!