there is currently a shifter and angel ban!

ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

Dancing through life, Hayden
MAXIM ASHTON WILLOUGHBY
 Posted: Jul 11 2014, 03:49 PM
HYBRID

Musical Theatre
Male
46 posts
member no. 95
"And though you made me, You can't change me I'm the perfect stranger Who knows you too well. And I'm alive, I'm alive, I am so alive,"
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

DANCING THROUGH LIFE
even a wise man may fall
TAG: Lark

WORDS: 553

This is what Max lived for. The stage, the lights, and the applause, nothing else could compare. Ever since Max was in the tenth grade he realized he was born with a gift. That gift was to entertain the public with his acting and singing abilities. Someone heard him singing one day at his high school and forced him to audition for the musical. He decided to give it a try since he wasn’t doing anything else with his time. Little did he know he would love every aspect of the theatre and become obsess with it. Some people may think it’s weird that a very hetero man loves to sing and act. But when they see him preform they understand where his passion comes from. It wasn’t a hard decision for Max to make when looking at majors at Belgrade. Musical theatre was on the list so there were no questions asked. His mom and dad weren’t excited about the major he picked but they wouldn’t be able to change his mind. Musical theatre was his life and being good at it was another plus.

Max had auditioned for every musical Belgrade had. Majority of the time Max received the lead role or a fairly close supporting role. Those achievements were slowly going to Max’s head. Some people in the theatre would call Max a bit of a diva. Only because he knew he was the best at his job and wasn’t afraid to tell other people. He tried to stay humble by coming to the theatre and helping out with any tech work that needed to be done. His love for the theatre was so vast that he was willing to do anything to make sure the show was in the best shape. That meant extra rehearsals, extra lessons, and even trying something new such as learning how to paint a backdrop. Not on the top of Max’s list but he was willing to give it a try.

The musical for this year was Wicked, a show that Max had become familiar with show due to its popularity. Max was almost sure he was shoo-in for the male role, Fiyero, but auditions weren’t for another week so he still had to prepare himself. In the meantime the director of the theatre informed Max that they were pulling a student artist to paint the backdrop for the show. Max’s first thought was that pulling a person that was outside the theatre community may not know what would and would not look good on a stage. So Max decided to take it upon himself to help out.

Max entered the theatre like it was any normal day with his bag draped across one shoulder. He looked at the stage to see a girl with firey red hair painting away on the backdrop on the stage. Max began to walk through the aisles towards the girl and said, ”What are you working on over there?” Max knew very well but he needed a way to let the girl know he was there without completely surprising her. Max tossed his bag into one of the front row seats and hopped up onto the stage. He put his hands on his hips and huffed out some air to signal that he was ready to work.
PM •
^
HAYDEN GABRIELLE WARNER
 Posted: Jul 16 2014, 06:08 AM
SHIFTER

Fine Arts | Apprentice Tattoo Artist
Female
38 posts
member no. 96
"I wanna stand up -- I wanna let go. You know? You know? No, you don't. You don't. I wanna shine on in the hearts of men. I wanna mean it from the back of my broken hand. Another head aches - another heart breaks. I'm so much older than I can take... And my affection, well, it comes and goes. I need direction to perfection- -No, no no, no!"
Lark IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Sometimes, life just had the most beautiful coincidences. David Gilmour publicly denied any intentions, but everyone knew the perfection that was Dark Side of the Rainbow, right? Well, maybe the phenomenon was becoming a little lesser known as the generations passed by... You see, you take one of the oldest American classics, The Wizard of Oz, and overlay Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon, and -- magic.

Hayden was no stranger to the darker side of Oz. When she was younger, the old janitor at the orphanage would set up the old VCR on the rolling television cart in the common room and pop in the old Wizard of Oz tape. There was an ancient record player, and the man would bring his personal vinyl copy of Dark Side of the Moon, and he would spend a few minutes getting everything just right... and then he would sit back, with about twenty or so children gathered around the one television, and he would sink into the Dark Side of Oz -- The Wizard of Floyd, Dark Side of the Rainbow... Whatever have you.

That was how Hayden knew The Wizard of Oz.

Imagine, then, how confused this girl was when she was forced to download and watch the musical Wicked the night before last. Politics, betrayal, love triangles -- the Wicked Witch of the West was just... misunderstood? It was... a lovely story. She could see why it had such a strong cult following and all, but... it just wasn’t the Oz she had known. Honestly, she wished she could get time to watch it again before anything was finalized, but that wasn’t very likely. There was too much to do, too many things to craft and build and paint... The set had to be done long before the show aired, as it was the director’s wish to be able to practice the cast on a fully detailed stage. This was to say: Belgrade University was putting on a very ironic production of Wicked.

Why the head of the art department had decided Hayden was the only one suited to design and craft the set was beyond her. When he had asked her if she would, she hadn’t even seen the musical before. But, he assured her that, if she just took the time to find it online and watch it, she would be fine. There was something about needing her particular skills, her ingenuity and mind for powerful imagery. Really, she pretty much assumed it was because she was the only person in the Fine Arts major who was experienced with large scale murals, what with all her (not so legal) street art. He just didn’t want to say it out loud, which was fine with her.

With her iPhone looping Dark Side of the Moon through her headphones, Hayden was painting away at the far back of the stage, laying down a sheen of acrid green that would positively glow with eerie, evil intention under the right stage lights. On the stage floor behind her lay several unpainted plywood clockwork cutouts of different shapes and sizes. From over the unsettling melancholy of Brain Damage, she caught words called to her from somewhere behind, in the auditorium. She paused a moment, her dusty green eyes glancing at her paint riddled hands and spattered AC/DC t-shirt, jean shorts, and legs, before just continuing her sweep of the backdrop.

“The Emerald City,” Hayden answered back, perhaps a little loudly due to the music still playing in her ears. She might have removed the headphones, but her hands were covered in paint, and wiping them on her splattered clothing was probably not going to help very much. Ah, well... It wasn’t like she wanted to stop listening to Floyd, anyway.

PM • EMAIL •
^
MAXIM ASHTON WILLOUGHBY
 Posted: Jul 24 2014, 05:41 PM
HYBRID

Musical Theatre
Male
46 posts
member no. 95
"And though you made me, You can't change me I'm the perfect stranger Who knows you too well. And I'm alive, I'm alive, I am so alive,"
Kati IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

DANCING THROUGH LIFE
even a wise man may fall
TAG: Lark

WORDS: 436

Nobody could deny that Max was an overfriendly guy. He liked to meet new people and be friends with just about every person he came across. Being in the theatre allowed him to constantly branch out and meet new people. There were a lot of people that would work one show and then never came back, but Max never forgot them. If he passed by them around school he would always say hi, ask how they were doing, and ask if they would like to get lunch. Max’s life purpose was to make friends with just about every person he saw. This purpose most likely came from Max’s childhood. He never felt wanted by either of his parents and most people found him and his sister’s relationship strange. Now that he was finally off on his own he could spread his wings and be the man he was always meant to be. Of course Alex still came first in his life and he spent most of his time with her, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t spend his extra time meeting others.

The girl with firey red hair was no exception to Max’s love for friendship. Her ears were blocked by headphones but Max was sure she would still be able to hear him. And her fairly loud response confirmed that for him. She didn’t seem at all interested in the fact that Max was standing beside. She seemed like she was lost in her music or her art or both. Max felt bad because he did not want to disturb whatever peace she had created for herself. Max knew how terrible it was when someone interrupted his train of thought while he was rehearsing. Now wasn’t a good time to worry too much about that because he promised the director would help. And if she got mad then Max would try his best to make it up to her.

”It looks amazing!”” Max exclaimed as he kneeled down next to the girl. His statement wasn’t wrong; her piece of artwork was beautiful. There wasn’t a lot that Max knew about art, but he could appreciate good art when he saw it. Max could tell why she was picked to paint the backdrops. ”Is there anything I can do to help?” from the look on the girl’s face when Max first entered he thought she would send him away immediately. But he hoped that she would be able to find something for him to do. Hopefully I would be nothing too intense because he could potentially ruin the whole show with a single brush of paint.
PM •
^

TOPIC OPTIONS
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

affiliates

skinned by mia for dance in the dark only!