there is currently a shifter and angel ban!

ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

SHE WEARS A BUTTERFLY ON HER WRIST, --amber & zachary
HAYDEN GABRIELLE WARNER
 Posted: Jul 1 2014, 01:24 AM
SHIFTER

Fine Arts | Apprentice Tattoo Artist
Female
38 posts
member no. 96
"I wanna stand up -- I wanna let go. You know? You know? No, you don't. You don't. I wanna shine on in the hearts of men. I wanna mean it from the back of my broken hand. Another head aches - another heart breaks. I'm so much older than I can take... And my affection, well, it comes and goes. I need direction to perfection- -No, no no, no!"
Lark IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Summer was... awesome.

It had been a month since the spring semester had ended and the flat was virtually empty. Ella and Amanda had graduated, so that was two of the rooms entirely empty, and Rosemary was pretty scarce this season. That pretty much meant that Hayden was left to herself and her own devices, which was perfectly fine with her.

Still dressed in nothing but her black running shorts and a neon teal sports bra, hair piled up haphazardly on her head and barely secured with a hair tie, the leggy redhead crossed the living room and into the kitchen. With so little traffic coming and going these days, the floor was spotless and she didn’t even have to worry about walking barefoot on a gritty surface. Again, just perfect. She made her way to the fridge and opened it. The cold air came whooshing out, causing her bare skin to quiver as her dusty green eyes roamed over a glowing white terrain as barren as the Alaskan tundra. Save for a bottle of ketchup and some peta bread -- empty. She opened the freezer to find it only in a similar state, save for a carton of vanilla ice cream with Rosemary’s initials on it.

Oops...

That’s right, she was supposed to go out to the grocery yesterday, and the day before... and pretty much every other day this week. Oh well... She’d just have to stop by the market on her way home this evening. Until then-

Hayden took out the frost-encrusted carton of ice cream and set it on the counter, stepping over to the silverware drawer for a spoon. Rosemary hadn’t been back to the flat in a good while and the ice cream was probably already freezer burned anyway, so chances are she wouldn’t miss it... if she even remembered it. Spoon and carton in hand, the girl sauntered back into the living room with a long yawn and plopped herself cross-legged into the one, large recliner opposite the couch. She fished the remote from out the cushion cracks where it had scampered off to the night before and turned the channel over to Cartoon Network.

Shifting comfortably in the puffy chair, Hayden took the cover off the Edy’s container and peered inside. It was only about a quarter full and pretty much glazed in ice, but it was better than nothing. And, come on... What was better than a quiet morning with ice cream and cartoons?

PM • EMAIL •
^
AMBER SAVANNAH J. JACKSON
 Posted: Jul 3 2014, 05:26 AM
SHIFTER

Wildlife Zoology
Female
114 posts
member no. 81
"Here I am, this is me,/There's nowhere else on Earth I'd rather be,/Here I am, it's just me and you,/Tonight we make our dreams come true,/"
Aceshot IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

"Home sweet home," Amber muttered as she moved up the steps. The 18 year old moves swiftly down the hall, placing the box down in front of her new place, where she would be staying through university in Belgrade. Amber was excited yet worried to be staying away from home. She was sure she would be spending weekends at home, probably sleeping in her still empty room. She had a couple boxes as almost everything was still at home. Clothes, check; pictures, check; brother? Amber looked around before rolling her eyes as she noticed Zac wasn't behind her. He was probably still downstairs, unloading a couple boxes or heading up in the elevator. Amber smiled gently.

She was so glad Zac was there, helping her out. Zac and her were close, practically twins. They had one of those twin telepathy things, that most twins claim to have, but seriously don't. When Zac found his father's body, he changed. He was always quiet, but then he started to pull away. He confided himself to speaking to family only, most Amber and it scared her. He started getting tattoos, but Amber knew that their father's death had taken a toll on him. Her family was nearly torn apart by their father's death. Luke and her fought more and more; Josh could barely keep their family together and it was just… Amber had been ready to give up, so many times, but she was determined not to let that happen. Zac was her best friend and she loved him to bits, only wanting to see him happy. She knew music had helped him through these rough times and she remembered the nights the two of them would just sit in Zac's room, covered in shadows and blast music until their ears nearly bled. A small smile fell onto Amber's face as she stood by the door. She would have looked pretty funny, just standing there, smiling to herself, but at this point, Amber could care less.

She sighed gently before she shoved her hand into her pocket to pull out her key. She smiled gently before she shoved the key into the lock and twisted sharply to open it. She let herself in, placing the box gently beside her. Amber's hightop green converses squeaked gently as she moved slowly inside. She could hear the tv going, prompting her to yell out. "Hello?" She called out,"Anyone here?" Sher asked before she came into view of the living room. She spotted a girl about her age, sitting on the couch, a carton of vanilla ice cream in her lap. Amber stopped dead, adjusting her jeans jacket before waving shyly.

"Ummm, Hi… I'm Amber… Amber Jackson, but please, just call me Ace… Guess I'm your new flat mate…" Amber smiled gently as she studied the leggy redhead. She was pretty and probably about Amber's age, maybe Zac's. An idea went off at that, but Amber shoved it away. What the heck! She didn't even know the girl. Amber looked up, chuckling gently at the cartoons. Even now, at 18, Amber still loved the silly animations. They made her feel like a kid again. Amber blinked before looking to the girl,"Sorry, didn't mean to intrude on your morning…" Amber apologized as she waited for the red head to give her a name.

Outfit

--------------------
PM •
^
ZACHARY ELLIOT JACKSON
 Posted: Jul 3 2014, 12:55 PM
SHIFTER

BIOLOGY
NINETEEN
MALE
12 posts
member no. 84
"N/A"
MIA IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

zachary elliot jackson

University. It was a place that Zac would never have imagined himself and his family five years prior, and even now he struggled to wrap his mind around the concept. For the first time in a very long time, the Jackson's were attempting to settle in one place and act like a normal family, and for that Zac was incredibly grateful. Life had been hard for all five of them, and moving around the country every few months had not helped the emotional state of any of them: Zac and Amber especially. Now, having settled in one place for the foreseeable future, it seemed like they would all have the time to heal. The prospect of starting university alongside his sister had made him excited, and for the first time in years he was hopeful about the future. Maybe now they could all begin to move on and start living, rather than running and hiding from all their problems. Not that Zac would say any of this to anyone other than Amber - he wouldn't dare.

They had started to unload Amber's boxes outside of her new home - Zac himself had moved in the night before, in a different flat, so he was already close enough to lend Amber a hand - and it hadn't taken long for Zac to lose track of her. She was probably already upstairs, introducing herself and trying to judge whether she would fit in with these students or not. Zax himself hadn't encountered the same problem yet: he hadn't met anyone he would be living with so far, and so his evening had been quiet and people-free. He was slightly apprehensive at helping Amber meet in, because he knew he would have to introduce himself and making horrible small talk, and if there was one thing Zac hated, it was unnecessary small talk and social interaction. It was his worst nightmare, being surrounded by strangers who expected him to talk about himself in great detail ... no, that was not something Zac enjoyed. So it was a small miracle that he was even helping Amber, but she was basically his twin sister (he wouldn't correct people if they assumed) and he couldn't leave her to do this by herself.

With a box in hand and struggling slightly under the weight (what on earth did his sister own?!) he slowly trudged up the steps into the flat. The door was unlocked, and Zac pushed his way in, hearing his sister's voice in the next room along. "Amber, where do you want me to put ..." his voice trailed off as he realised she wasn't the only person in the room. Shifting on his feet, the box suddenly felt ten times heavier as he took note of the girl sitting on the couch. "Erm, hi," he muttered nervously, eyes glancing down the floor before flickering to his sister and back again. He hated social interaction, especially with someone who was just sitting there in shorts and a sports bra. Zac fought (and won) to keep his eyes averted from the red head, knowing he probably looked rude but refusing to embrace the embarrassment he knew would occur if he looked directly at her.

TAG: HAYDEN & AMBER | WORD COUNT: 536
PM •
^
HAYDEN GABRIELLE WARNER
 Posted: Jul 3 2014, 02:41 PM
SHIFTER

Female
38 posts
member no. 96
"I wanna stand up -- I wanna let go. You know? You know? No, you don't. You don't. I wanna shine on in the hearts of men. I wanna mean it from the back of my broken hand. Another head aches - another heart breaks. I'm so much older than I can take... And my affection, well, it comes and goes. I need direction to perfection- -No, no no, no!"
Lark IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

After the ice had been chiseled off the top of the ice cream with her spoon, Hayden found herself sinking into her most recent morning routine. Wake up, get food, watch cartoons for a couple of hours... then she would have to get ready for the day at some point. But, today, she didn’t have any summer classes, and she didn’t have to be down at the shop until 5 P.M. With that kind of forecast, she was totally set to watch some television for a little longer than normal, then maybe go blast some music in her room and paint. Who knew? Days like this could be unpredictable.

The girl’s large, dusty green eyes were glued to the flatscreen as another rerun of Power Puff Girls quickly stole her attention, and she had gotten into that subconscious groove of the movie-goers where she was eating without thinking as the bright colors flashed across the room. Absorbed in the the city of Townsville and its trio of squeaky super heroines, Hayden hadn’t heard the click of the lock back out in the kitchen, or the squeak of a shoe as someone crossed the tile floor. At the sudden greeting from an unfamiliar voice, however, the redhead spooked, nearly falling out of the recliner. Her spoon slid from her hand, hitting the coffee table with a sharp clang before tumbling somewhere to the carpet and out of sight.

Hayden looked up as a blonde dressed in quite a bit of denim shuffled into the room and gave her a wave. She introduced herself as Amber, Amber Jackson, and Ace, explaining that she was one of the new flatmates, but, for the moment, all Hayden did was stare wide-eyed like a deer in the headlights. Never mind the fact that she was caught eating something that wasn’t hers -- not that this Amber girl would particularly know that, or anything -- but she hadn’t been expecting anyone to move in mid-term, and the shock value of that fact was only amplified by the fact that she was still just waking up. Even the new girl’s apology seemed to glance by Hayden as she remained frozen mid-startle and staring across the room.

Then there was another voice coming from the kitchen.

The girl’s gaze moved slowly from Amber -- Ace, as she would try to recall -- to the tall boy who came to stand beside her new flatmate -- probably her boyfriend or something, come to help her move in. Unlike him, Hayden was helpless to stare in all of her slightly dazed glory. While the boy’s eyes fell to the floor, hers drifted, as they only would, to what looked like the workings of two unfinished full sleeves of ink peering out from under the hems of his shirt. As a Fine Arts major at the university, not to mention apprentice tattoo artist for the Widow's Mark tattoo parlor, this stood out to the redhead. She could appreciate some nicely done ink -- sporting a vibrant Blue Mountain Swallowtail butterfly of her own design on the underside of her right wrist herself -- and this guy had some interesting art. The skull on his right shoulder, trailing down onto his bicep, was most noticeable and--

Wait, what was she even doing?

The redhead all but flailed to life, taking her eyes off the pair and bending down to the floor -- nearly falling on the floor -- to retrieve her wayward spoon. It had scampered under the recliner, but hadn’t taken more than a couple seconds to find, and then she was sitting up again, looking between the two strangers in the room. Hayden slipped the lid back on the carton of ice cream and slowly unfurled herself from her cross-legged position in the chair, standing to her full five feet and seven inches. She opened her mouth as if she were about to say something before simply lifting her hand which still had the spoon, holding up a finger as if to say, ”Hold on a minute.” She turned, fumbling a bit at first on her feet which had fallen asleep on her, before whisking off to her room and closing the door behind her. On the other side of the door, her brain seemed to stall out as she looked for a place to stow the carton of ice cream. Hayden all but threw it down on her nightstand before hastily climbing over her bed and over to her vanity dresser. Of course, some new co-habitant and her boyfriend would bust in unannounced when she hadn’t even put her face on yet! And her hair!

Hayden ripped the hair tie out of her lazily-piled, red mess of loose curls and quickly dragged a brush through it while, at the same time, leaning in to check the eyeliner leftover from last night. Honestly, it wasn’t too messed up -- thank god for gel liner -- and, after her hair was brushed, a little touch up on her mascara made her look not so shabby. She clambered back over her bed and made for the door, pausing on a thought as she reached for the door knob. Looking down at herself, she recalled she wasn’t particularly wearing much in the way of clothing, and, while that wasn’t that big of a deal for her... The new flatmate might not be so used to hanging out around other college chicks in their underwear yet. Who knew? At any rate, it probably wasn’t a good idea to hang around in her bra around the guy that may or may not have been the new girl’s beau.

There were several small heaps of mixed clothing, all thankfully clean, scattered about the room, and the girl leaned over to the nearest to fish out an electric blue tank top. She was still pulling it over her head as she finagled the door opened and crossed the threshold back into the living room, and there she stopped and smoothed her hair, twisting it over a shoulder as she looked back at the pair.

Right, then. Greetings and things.

“Ah- -hi! And, hi.” It wasn’t the most eloquent opening statement, but, then, Hayden wouldn’t boast that she was very eloquent to begin with... at least not on the subject of introductions, strangers, and all that jazz. She pressed her lips together and gave an awkward sort of shrug, complete with animated ”I don’t know what I’m doing right now” hands before deciding that she should probably give the blonde -- Ace -- her name, too. “Hayden,” she gestured to herself, not bothering with a last name. She never felt those were all too important anyway. “Aaaand... those rooms are open.” She pointed out Ella and Amanda’s old rooms, one next to her room and the other halfway across the apartment next to Rosemary’s. “You know... So you can, ah, have your pick... really. Either... one... Okay.”

And she was left standing there, not exactly sure what to do at this juncture.

PM • EMAIL •
^
 Posted: Jul 4 2014, 05:38 AM
SHIFTER

Wildlife Zoology
Female
114 posts
member no. 81
"Here I am, this is me,/There's nowhere else on Earth I'd rather be,/Here I am, it's just me and you,/Tonight we make our dreams come true,/"
Aceshot IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Amber hadn't even realized what the redhead was wearing, until Zac stepped in. Firstly, Amber knew Zac hated social interaction. She knew this and she knew she had to bring him out of his shell because of that. Secondly, Amber allowed her eyes to drift over the leggy redhead, realizing that the girl was only wearing a sport's bra and shorts. Oops… Well, how the hell was Amber suppose to know! She wasn't exactly surprised, although her eyebrows did lift as the girl dropped her spoon. Amber's eyes immediately followed the spoon, watching it slid under the recliner. She watched the girl bend over to retrieve it before her eyes flickered to her brother. She managed to give him a half smile and mouth a 'Sorry'. It was true, She was sorry. She should have known that she would have run into her own flatmates, but she had hoped everyone was out. but that was besides the point.

She watched as the girl removed her hand from under the large couch, spoon now in hand before she stood. The girl held up one finger to show one minute, barely noticing as Amber sharply nodded before she darted off. She looked to her brother, eyes going sympathetic. "Sorry… I didn't know…" Amber spoke gently to her brother, looking more like a little kid then the eighteen year old she was. She loved her brother for always being there. He was her rock; the one she leaned on when she was down, who helped her when she fell. For a long time, because Josh was always so busy, Zac could have been a fatherly figure, because Amber felt he raised her. Although, they were completely different from each other in looks and personality, Amber and Zac were the best of friends and siblings.

The girl returned with more clothes and looking more like she hadn't just rolled out of bed, before she stumbled over a greeting. Introducing herself as Hayden, the redhead point to the two rooms, one on the other side of the flat or the one beside hers. Amber seriously didn't feel like moving all the way across so she picked the one beside Haydens'."Pleasure to meet you, Hayden…" Amber smiled gently to the girl before nodding sharply with a small smile. Amber blinked before motioning to her brother with a sharp nod,"And that anti-social, quiet guy is my brother Zac; Don't mind him… He's always like that…"

Amber gave her brother a grin, hints of a smirk playing with her lips as she took the box from her brother and headed for the room beside the girl, she now knew as Hayden. She felt bad for all three of them; the awkwardness in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife. She opened the door, stopping in the doorway to look about it before placing the box on the ground. She moved back into the main living room, before looking to Hayden,"So sorry about interrupting at a bad time, by the way…" Amber apologized with a small smile to Hayden, once again. She felt bad for Zac especially, but they had interrupted Hayden's morning.

Outfit

--------------------
PM •
^
ZACHARY ELLIOT JACKSON
 Posted: Jul 4 2014, 09:44 PM
SHIFTER

BIOLOGY
NINETEEN
MALE
12 posts
member no. 84
"N/A"
MIA IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

zachary elliot jackson

It wasn't Amber's fault, not really, Zac told himself in his head repeatedly. It was his fault: he was the one that had chosen to completely withdraw into himself, regardless of what it did to those around him. Zac could only be thankful that Amber had stuck beside him throughout everything that had happened, and hadn't given up on him once he decided normal social relationships weren't for him. Amber was the one who insisted on Zac going out, attempting to make friends, talking to people, and whilst he was one hundred percent against the idea, he did feel slightly relieved that Amber wasn't giving up on him just yet. The red head was obviously startled by their entrance, with her spoon clattering underneath the recliner. As the girl's eyesight was focused on retrieving the object, she missed the smile Amber give him and the mouthed apology. Zac frowned in response at his sister, barely refusing the urge to pout. No, it definitely wasn't Amber's fault. And focusing on glaring at his sister meant he wasn't tempted to look at the red head currently bending over to retrieve her spoon. Nope, not tempted at all.

Within seconds, the girl had put a finger up and ran out the room. Zac looked from his sister to the doorway the girl had exit from, confusion clear all over his face. He wasn't entirely sure what had just happened, but he guessed it had something to do with the girl's current state of dress. He knew he'd be equally as embarrassed so couldn't really blame her for her sudden disappearing act. Amber's sympathetic eyes made him roll his eyes in jest, a small smile appearing on his face when he looked at her. "Don't worry about it, you weren't to know, it's not your fault," he answered softly, reassuring her with another smile. "Do you think she's alright?" he asked seriously, with a raised eyebrow. Disappearing from the room without a single word wasn't exactly normal, and even Zac, with his limited social knowledge, knew that.

The girl, Hayden, introduced herself and pointed out the rooms. Whilst she was talking to Amber, Zac let his eyes roam around the room they were standing in, silently approving of the place his sister would be living. If it had been a disgusting mess, he would have walked straight back out with his sister's boxes and moved her back home. While Hayden was distracted, Zac quickly let his eyes fall on her, taking in the bright blue tank top she had pulled on, thank god. Zac probably would have stared unknowingly and embarrassed himself even further. He was brought out of his musings by Amber's introductions, and he nodded at Hayden as Amber told her his name, managing the smallest of smiles and averting his eyes once more. Being called anti-social in front of a new person wasn't a particularly good first impression, and he made a mental note to let Amber know that once Hayden was out of ear shot. For now, he just fought against the red threatening to overtake his cheeks, eyes focusing on his tattoos on his arms that were still holding the box.

At that thought, Amber lifted the box from his hands, and he frowned slightly as his excuse for looking down was taken from him. Zac shifted awkwardly on the spot, eyes flickering anywhere but the red head standing in front of him. He felt incredibly self-conscious without a box in front of him, shielding him, and he felt horribly exposed. He didn't know what to say, what to do, and he hated it. Zac finally focused his eyes on his sister instead, smiling fondly as she apologised at Hayden. Paying attention to Amber helped him relax, and he knew she was probably far more nervous than he was. "Nice place," he mumbled, eyes once again averted to the floor. It had taken him a lot just to say those two words, but Amber needed his support right now far more than what he needed hers.

TAG: HAYDEN & AMBER | WORD COUNT: 674
PM •
^
HAYDEN GABRIELLE WARNER
 Posted: Jul 4 2014, 11:04 PM
SHIFTER

Female
38 posts
member no. 96
Lark IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Hayden had missed the whole exchange between the newbie and her... whatever relation he was to her -- she really didn’t know yet. But, clearly, by the looks on their faces when she reentered the room, something had been said between them. There was a frown on the boy’s face, and that girl, Ace, looked like she had just given a guilty confession at church. Whatever the case, what went on between the two was none of her business, so the redhead decided she wouldn’t care. Not her business, not her problem.

The blonde went along with that cliche “pleasure to meet you” thing -- what was typically expected, Hayden guessed -- and Hayden just offered a quick smile in reply, honestly a little forced... but the gesture was there. It wasn’t that meeting her new flatmate was particularly displeasing, or anything. The girl just never really cared much for introductions and typically tried to avoid them. If she’d had her way, Hayden would have been out of the flat when Ace moved in, and she’d have gotten the lowdown from Rosemary later. Then, she’d just carry on and pretend like the new girl had been living there the whole time. It’s what she had done when Ella had transferred in last term, and it had worked out just fine. None of this awkward “how do you do” stuff.

As Ace motioned over to the boy with the box, Hayden’s eyes followed. He was introduced as “Zac”, her new flatmate’s brother -- mystery solved -- and the girl couldn’t help the amused pull of her lips at the adjectives and excuses made for him. “I don’t mind very well, in general,” Hayden joked a bit dryly. Anything to lighten the tension in the room would be nice -- it was nearly stifling. The blonde’s poor brother, occupying himself with his attention on his box, looked like he might rather be just about anywhere else right now. Don’t I know that feeling... She might not be quite so shy, but that didn’t mean she was enjoying this awkward standoff of sorts. She even had half a mind to duck back in her room and start on that musical painting she was thinking about earlier. But, then, that might be construed as “rude”.

Not knowing really what else to do with herself, Hayden leaned back against her doorframe and folded her arms across her stomach, watching as Ace stepped on over to her brother and plucked the box he was holding out of his arms. You might have thought she’d just taken his shorts for the way he frowned and awkwardly looked around for something else to focus on, and Hayden had to bite her cheek to stifle a giggle at his expense. Poor thing didn’t seem to know what to do with himself, and she knew it was probably her fault. He didn’t seem to be all that keen on strangers -- antisocial, as Ace had described him. Maybe she’d go paint and leave them to their own devices, anyway. Might make it easier for everyone...

Ace was back in the room, then, and Hayden’s attention snapped back on the blonde -- good thing her brother had his attentions elsewhere, because she’d been staring again, dammit -- her head shaking quickly at the other girl’s apology. “Don’t worry about it.” Really, it wasn’t like Hayden had been doing anything particularly important when they walked in. There was nothing to be sorry for.

Her flatmate’s brother mumbled something, which the redhead barely caught, and her dusty green eyes went back to him. “It can be,” she agreed, an indirect note of sarcasm in her tone. “When people make an effort.” Ella and Amanda both had been pretty terrible flatmates, in all honesty. Last semester, Hayden had all but given up with trying to clean up after them. They had been worse than toddlers, leaving food out and tracking in dirt and mud worse than a wet dog. Disorganized, she could handle... But dirty? No... She’d had a problem with that. Not that she said anything about it. She just spent most of her time in her own room, waiting for the day they moved out so she could reclaim the flat for herself and Rosemary. It had taken a good week to get everything back in order.

“So...” Oh, god... Was she attempting small talk? “Freshmen?” Yeah, she was. And it was a bit pathetic. But, it could have been worse, she supposed.

PM • EMAIL •
^
 Posted: Jul 13 2014, 05:59 AM
SHIFTER

Wildlife Zoology
Female
114 posts
member no. 81
Aceshot IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

As much as Amber loved her brother, She had to get him out and with other people, more. After their father's death, Zac had confined himself to being a loner, nearly stopping talking to anyone, other then immediate family. Amber felt Zac was the only one who understood her and who she could go to and talk about anything! Well, almost everything. Amber knew through thick and thin, Zac would be there for her and she would do the same. Thick as thieves, these two were. Amber caught the frown and then the glare her brother was now shooting her. She was half tempted to roll her eyes at him and smirk, but she decided to keep her eyes on Hayden.

When Hayden disappeared, Amber looked at her brother, hand moving to her mouth as she stifled a giggle at her poor brother's confused face. He looked cute, confusion written all over his face; quite comical it was. She watched him as his eyes moved to hers, before rolling back. She had to smirk gently at the small smile before he spoke. His voice immediately calmed her down; no, Amber didn't know why, but it did. A small smile slipped onto his face as he reassured her. Amber bit at her lip with a shrug,"I hope so, although I don't think she was quite expecting company…" Amber gave her brother a quick smile, her eyes wandering over the room, before Hayden appeared once again. Amber smiled gently at Hayden's dry joke, knowing she was only trying to lift the mood.

Amber could see her brother was totally out of his element and it amused the young girl. Ok, how many of people can say they've seen their older brother actually nervous? It didn't surprise Amber that Zac immediately tried to keep his eyes averted from Hayden. It was probably the fact Zac had seen Hayden in not exactly the most decent of clothing. Amber might have looked calm and happy-go-lucky, but she was freaking out on the inside. She was moving into a flat and already, she made a complete idiot out of her and Zac. She had to remember to apologize to Zac about that. Once she returned to the living room, Amber noticed Zac was smiling gently at her, when she returned. She heard Zac's whisper of a comment, although her ears were auto tuned to hear every noise, from years of being around her quiet brother. Hayden spoke up, sarcasm slightly evident, which made Amber raise a mental eyebrow. Hayden didn't seem to be speaking of a good experience, which made Amber wonder what could have happened. Amber herself was fairly clean, sometimes forgetting things, but everyone had those moments.

She bit at her lip, tongue darting out to moisten her dry lips before she spoke up,"Hey, Zac… Could you help me bring up the rest of the boxes, or do you have to go? I can handle the rest, if you need to go… " Amber gave her brother a quick smile. It probably seemed rude to dismiss her brother like that, but she knew, as much as he would stay there for her support, he would have been out of the room within three seconds, once he realized there was someone there. Amber moved to the boot room, picking up the box she had left there, before moving back into the room. She had caught the question as Hayden asked about them being freshmen. Amber looked to Zac, wondering if he would answer it or if she should. She stopped by her brother's side, asking him in the form of a look. Weird, yes, but both the Jacksons were brought up on weird, so nothing surprised her anymore….

Outfit

--------------------
PM •
^
ZACHARY ELLIOT JACKSON
 Posted: Jul 14 2014, 01:14 PM
SHIFTER

BIOLOGY
NINETEEN
MALE
12 posts
member no. 84
"N/A"
MIA IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

zachary elliot jackson

Zac's struggle with social interaction was intentional, something he had forced upon himself when he had decided to distance himself from everyone and everything. As a result, the little things (such as introductions and small talk) that came easily, although not willingly, to him when he was younger were practically non-existent with 'outsiders' now. He was still his usual self around his family, maybe quieter than what he used to be, but most wouldn't recognise him around his family after meeting him. "Surely she knew she'd be getting a new roommate?" Zac responded, raising an eyebrow slightly. However, judging from the girl's state of dress and the way she had practically fled the room suggested that the girl had no idea whatsoever that Amber was supposed to be moving in. That made things slightly more awkward for Zac, because he didn't want to leave her alone if she wasn't even aware that Amber was her new roommate until minutes previously.

As the girl came back in the room, Zac noted that the smile she gave Amber after the usual greetings seemed forced, and not at all genuine. Now he definitely didn't want to leave his sister with someone that didn't seem to want her there. However, Zac knew there was a high chance he had completely misread the girl's responses - he wasn't the expert on interaction, after all. Hayden's declaration of not minding Zac's antisocial behaviour was frustrating to say the least: that had to be a lie, surely! Pretty much everyone Zac had ever met disliked the way he struggled to hold a conversation, and would shy away at any attempt of talking. Or maybe he was wrong again, and Hayden honestly didn't mind the antisocial aspect of his personality. The fact it could be either one made Zac would to crawl back into bed and ignore the world. This was why he only talked to his family; he understood his family, but he did not understand the way everyone else in the world behaved.

Zac was shocked to hear Hayden reply to his muttered words, and he glanced up to watch her as she talked. Most people would just ignore him when he did speak, usually because he was either too quiet or people just didn't know how to react to him. He detected the sarcasm underlying his words, and for the first time in a long time he was intrigued to understand why. Maybe her previous roommates had been messy or annoying? He wasn't sure how to respond to Hayden's words, glancing helplessly at Amber who also failed to say anything to the girl. It was slightly awkward, because for all he knew these messy roommates still lived here. Zac understood what it was like to live with messy people. It was inevitable considering he had four older brothers and a sister who probably acted more like a boy than a girl to outsiders. Zac himself could be a slob at times, but he could never keep it up. He attempted to be clean and tidy, even if his inner male took over and left clothes and dirty dishes lying everywhere for a few days.

Amber's question directed Zac from his observations of Hayden, and he glanced over at his sister. He hesitated before answering, knowing that Amber was giving him an escape route but for some strange reason he wasn't 100% desperately trying to leave like normal - it was around 90% at this point. "I can help," he finally answered. As Amber grabbed a box, Hayden spoke again and Amber instantly looked over at him. Straight away Zac understood that she was asking him silently who would answer the girl's question, and Zac narrowed his eyes slightly at his almost twin. He surprised himself by turning back to his sister's new roommate and saying shortly, "Yeah, we both are." There - he had filled his quota of social interaction for the day, and he'd be damned if Amber dragged him into anymore conversations. Leaving Amber to add anything else (and she probably would, because looking back he'd been a bit blunt) he hurried back outside to grab another box before starting his way back up to the flat.

TAG: AMBER & HAYDEN | WORD COUNT: 701
PM •
^
HAYDEN GABRIELLE WARNER
 Posted: Jul 16 2014, 04:04 AM
SHIFTER

Female
38 posts
member no. 96
Lark IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

These two -- they had to be twins or something. If not, they were unusually close for brother and sister. It was there in the wordless conversation she seemed to walk back into, and in the way -- Zac, was it? -- gave his sister a soft smile when she returned to the living room. It was like they had some sort of understanding, one of those things that would be completely foreign to someone like Hayden, who had never had a sibling, close or otherwise. It was sort of interesting, watching the silent conversation that seemed to transpire continuously between the two, and she wondered what that sort of relationship was like.

There was no point in dwelling, though, as it was very unlikely an orphan like her had some long lost sibling out there in the world. And, even if she did, eighteen years of estrangement would leave them far from that sort of “twin ESP” stuff. Or, at least she could assume as much. It was just very unlikely that two people who knew nothing about each other would have much in common or any special sort of connection, blood or otherwise. That sort of stuff was for the movies and, although she adored Hollywood magic, Hayden knew there was a big difference between movie magic and real life.

And there she was, dwelling, lost in her head for the moment as she went off on a mental tangent concerning the thing she had decided not to dwell on. Thankfully, Ace’s voice broke the silence, tearing Hayden out of her little reverie with a few blinks. The girl was talking to her brother, though, so at least she hadn’t missed something important. Just something about moving boxes and wondering if he had to go. None of her business, really. The poor guy did offer to stay and help, though, no matter how uncomfortable he seemed to be. Part of her thought it might be prudent to offer her new flatmate a hand -- that part of her that poked it’s head out from time to time to do good things -- but the more conditioned part of her told her not to get involved, to just let those two go about their business and not interfere. Hayden hugged her stomach a little more tightly and puffed up her cheeks, letting the air out slowly with an awkward sideways glance at nothing in particular.

What to do?

She had never been around while someone else was moving in, and she had made sure she moved in during the dead of night so that she could quietly get her things in order while everyone else was sleeping -- and Belgrade University dormitory had been her first attempt at cohabitantry since her time at the orphanage... so this was sort of something new. Hayden kind of wished Rosemary were around, because maybe then she could have just flown off her cue, or, more likely, disappear to her room and let Rose handle it. But, she was alone on this and would have to suffer through her own decisions.

When she asked if they were freshmen, the two looked at each other in another silent conversation, bringing back that twinnish vibe they had going on. Finally, Zac turned toward her and gave her his short answer before disappearing out into the hall. She pursed her lips in thought for a second, wondering if she’d somehow offended him or something, but decided not to worry about it too much. After all, Ace had said not to mind him and, really, she didn’t. Maybe this was just more social interaction than he had agreed to, today. She could understand that sort of feel entirely. Then again, maybe she had offended him -- in which case, oh well... She would have to live with it.

Giving a mental shrug, the redhead’s eyes went back to the blonde as she toted another box in through the kitchen and to the room adjacent to Hayden’s. She inched slowly toward her bedroom door, sliding smoothly along the wall, and almost rolled her way around the doorframe, but something stopped her.

That helpful, friendly little part of her was back. Apparently, she was feeling a bit charitable today, and she might as well roll with it. “Do you... want any help?” Hayden asked a bit awkwardly, as if she wasn’t sure whether or not she was intruding. If they had their own little rhythm going, she was okay with disappearing and letting them do their thing. But, she might as well ask, right? Strike while the iron was hot -- while the mood was striking her...

All that jazz.

PM • EMAIL •
^
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 05:56 AM
SHIFTER

Wildlife Zoology
Female
114 posts
member no. 81
Aceshot IS Offline!
THE AWARDS
N/A

Amber remembered how her brothers had taken her father's death. It had hit everyone hard, and gave them a thirst for revenge. Even to this day, Amber hated any vampire coming within twenty feet of her. It would't be the first time she wanted to rip the head off one of their kind, but she was able to keep herself calm and collected. Zac had been the one to found their father's body. Amber remembered the looks of horror her brothers had on their faces when they saw the mangled body that was their loving father. Amber gave her head a mental shake to clear it before she looked up at her brother as he spoke. Amber snorted gently, giving Zac a shrug of her shoulders with a small smile,"Who knows, Zac… but it's ok… I'm here now, aren't I?" She gave her brother a quick smile as Hayden returned to the room.

Unfortunately, for Amber, the only real friends she had were her brothers. She didn't have much experience with outsiders, although she had more then Zac, which wasn't saying much. She wasn't exactly the easiest person to be around and with the fact she had been raised by men, didn't help one bit. Amber herself was fairly clean, but everyone had their moments of messiness. Her sky blue eyes left the girl as she studied her 'twin brother' with a small smile. It wouldn't surprise Amber if Hayden thought they were twins. They were close enough to be considered twins. They could easily be taken as best friends or twins. Amber didn't even bother to protest when people asked if they were twins. In fact, she often called Zac her twin brother, just to avoid from being asked why the pair were so close.

For the first time in her life, Amber had never felt so awkward or uncomfortable. Sure, she had gotten in some pretty weird situations, but none were as awkward as this. Amber could almost sense how Hayden was about as quiet as Zac was. It was strange. Amber hadn't met someone who was quite like her dear twin brother. It was a strange, strange world and this was only a small part of it. She had a feeling how Amber and Zac acted towards each other made Hayden uneasy. Why, Amber did not know. She had a feeling the girl had a not so happy backstory, which wouldn't surprise her. This wasn't the first person Amber would have met with a tragic story. Example A: Lily, a werewolf who Amber had met on her first day.

Amber couldn't hold back the grin as her brother replied, saying he could help. Amber knew exactly that she had given him a way out and was internally grateful that he hadn't taken it. She couldn't help but smile as Zac looked to her before answering, his voice short and deep. Amber gave Hayden a quick smile as Zac seemed to run out of the room. " Are you a first year?" Amber asked gently. She wondered what the girl was studying, but she wasn't about to push. Amber noticed Hayden seemed to be inching towards her bedroom, which made Amber bit her lip before turning to follow her brother. She hadn't even taken a step before Hayden had spoken. Amber smiled gently at the red head before giving her a shrug,"If you want to… Zac and I would probably be ok, but if you want to, you're welcome to help… I'm not about to deny help…" Amber left that question in the air, a small smile on the blonde's face before she moved slowly towards the door. Zac would probably return soon and she couldn't have her brother doing all the work.

--------------------
PM •
^

TOPIC OPTIONS
ADD REPLY
NEW POLL

affiliates

skinned by mia for dance in the dark only!